new here have questions

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

new here have questions

Postby rockcreek » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:29 am

I am in peri menopause. Have been for ay least 9 years. I have trouble finding women who have not had a hysterectomy.
So all my info I found on my own. I would like to know that when I am in menopause does all the symptoms go away and you are normal? The one woman I found that had all her parts said her passage was so uneventful she didn't know it. I'd hate to think I have more of this to look forward to. It sounds like a stupid question but nobody seems to talk about it.
rockcreek
Warm Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:54 pm

I haven't had a hysterectomy.....my periods just stopped at about 41/42 and then I had pretty strong hot flashes for about 5 years, then a bunch of the other symptoms for the next 10 years (depression, insomnia, mood swings, etc).

I think for most women, the worst symptoms get better, but your hormones will be shifting for several more years and you will eventually get to "normal" but it will be a NEW normal. That's why I always recommend that you gather all the info you can, including the history of women in your family if possible, try different remedies whether it be hrt or some of the natural stuff, and try to accept the fact that you're not going to go "back" to the way you were 9 years ago when this all started. That's why they call it "the change". :) Hang in there and make the best of it and don't expect for your experience to be exactly like anyone else's. Otherwise you have a great chance of being disappointed.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby rockcreek » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:38 pm

Thank you Dee. That answers some questions. I guess I'll have to wait and see. But I will be doing whatever I can to relieve the symptoms.
rockcreek
Warm Pauzer

Re: new here have questions

Postby hotpatootie » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:18 pm

rockcreek wrote:I am in peri menopause. Have been for ay least 9 years. I have trouble finding women who have not had a hysterectomy.
So all my info I found on my own. I would like to know that when I am in menopause does all the symptoms go away and you are normal? The one woman I found that had all her parts said her passage was so uneventful she didn't know it. I'd hate to think I have more of this to look forward to. It sounds like a stupid question but nobody seems to talk about it.
I was in peri for about 6 years or so, and now I am on the other side. I rarely feel like a crazy woman and I now just occasionally get a bit hot, but the HORRIBLE hot flashes have gone away, no more waking up with the sheets wet and me dripping wet.

I feel great, maybe it is because I am done and no more periods, what could be better than that!!!
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Postby rockcreek » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:12 am

wow Hotpatootie. that sounds great. I'm really happy for you.Maybe I'll have something to look forward to. Thanks.
rockcreek
Warm Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause