Why I am crying so much!

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Why I am crying so much!

Postby Liette » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:57 pm

It's driving my poor husband around the bend. We were out on our houseboat this weekend. The weather was beautiful and I get up on this glorious morning sobbing my heart out. I had the weepies all weekend. My husband asked me to explain why I was so sad after he huffed and rolled his eyes (which by the way sent me into another convulsive bout of tears) and I had to tell him that I didn't know. That I was a different person than I was before and I just want to be the old me again. I'm SO SICK of this. I just want to feel normal again. I want to feel attractive again not feel like a sack of poo. AWWW I need a hug and a big, big hug from someone who understands. This boards is a godsend. Thank you to everyone who's involved. hugs to all you ladies out there.....
Liette
Warm Pauzer

Postby CathyW » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:12 pm

(((HUG)))
Awww Liette I'm sorry your feeling so down! Its such an emotional roller coaster we are on and I hate roller coasters. Its impossable to explain to others why we are crying and feeling depressed when we don't understand it ourselves. Wish I had some words to put a smile on your face but just wanted to give you that hug you needed and to let you know your not alone.

Take care
Cathy
Cathy
born 1960/peri/fibroids/hypothyroidism/on Disability because of FM
CathyW
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:29 pm

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug::bighug:

maybe that will hold you over till the weepies go away, hon!! Is there any way you could find the humor in what is happening....if you could cry/laugh as you're answering your husband, that might get both of you laughing.
I think husbands get frustrated because they don't know what to do to help or make you feel better and actually, there's not much they CAN do, right?

Can you print out the stuff for men to give him or buy one of the books where guys are explaining to guys what is going on?
Find them here: http://www.minniepauz.com/male-menopause.html

You're doing the right thing by reaching out when you feel this way so just keep coming back and hopefully we'll help you get through it. Just remember, it's totally natural and instead of wishing you could get BACK to normal....realize and accept that you are moving through an inevitable time of life and you WILL come through but it will a NEW normal. That's why they call it "the change". :) Fight it all you want or decide you will not let this ruin your day (or your life). :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby debz » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:21 am

I can empathise with you as I was exactly like that last week. (damn hormones!) :evil: I was so fed up with feeling so low and not understanding why, that it was the first time I talked on this forum. It helped HEAPS to know that I am not alone. My husband doesn't understand. I actually told him that I was going to print out a list of all the meno symptoms so that he would know what I was going through and he said "why would I want that?" Typical. :banghead: I got over the crying phase a few days later and felt perfectly fine. I know that won't last, but I do feel OK at the moment. It didn't help that I had been going through a period that lasted almost 2 weeks when I have spent the last 3 years hardly having periods at all! You will be OK. Keep reading this forum and you will feel so much better. It really does help to talk about it. :wink:
debz

Postby Liette » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:13 pm

Thanks everyone for your input. It's been a real roller coaster ride. I had a partial hysterectomy done when I was in my 30's so I can't really go by my period cause I have none but my boobs sure let me know when my hormones are about to go on a rampage :lol: . First the sore boobs, hot flashes, palpitations and tiredness, then the short fuse then the tears and more tears then a period of feeling pretty steady and then the whole cycle starts again. I'm now feeling a little more stable though really tired. I may be growing a couple of whiskers on my chin but my husband is losing it on his head and growing it out his ears so in that respect that makes us even :lol: . Glad you guys are here because my next post might be another blubbering one and I won't feel so alone. Sending big :bighug: :bighug: your way.
Liette
Warm Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause