Crazy Periods

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Crazy Periods

Postby Terri » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:51 pm

Ladies,

:( The last few months have been weird. Its bad enough that I have all the symptoms but when my period starts getting worse its enough to make a girl cry. I never know anymore whether I am going to have one or not. One month I will have one and the next I just spot. Two weeks ago I just spotted in the morning for about a week and then stopped. I started spotting again yesterday, today nothing, and its driving my husband crazy. He says I've been like an oven a lot lately and the hotflashes are getting worse. Doesn't help its in the middle of summer :wink: . LoL.. Doctors said I am getting close to the end of my pauz, but it sure doesn't feel like it, LoL. Now as of yesterday I started taking Black Cohash and hope it kicks in fast.

This is where I ask, for those of you getting close to the end, were your cycles like this or is it just me?

Thanks,

Terri
Terri
Hot Pauzer

Crazy periods

Postby dcamp » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:27 pm

Hi Terri

For me my periods became really really heavy for about a year. They came regularly during that time. Then they became erratic. Sometimes every 3 weeks, sometimes every 6-8 weeks. This went on for about a year and a half and during that time they became increasingly lighter and lighter. The last couple I had were really just spotting. That was 14 months ago and so now I am officially menopausal. Never had one hot flash, but a lot of anxiety and palps. Still get a little anxiety from time to time and I understand that the possibility of hot flashes is not out of the question. Take care. Donna
dcamp

Postby hotpatootie » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:19 am

Well this is my third summer of meno, always have major hot flashes in the hot weather, but have noticed in the three years when I flashing, I never have periods, then if the hot flashes go away for awhile my period comes back. Last year made it 187 days without a period, then jeez back again, then I had them for three months, then 2 in April and haven't had one since then...dare I get my hopes up again. But they haven't been quite as heavy. For awhile there the clotting was so bad I was sure I had passed part of my kidney or liver !!!! :oops:
Last edited by hotpatootie on Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Postby fiona » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:13 am

Terri~~same here with the crazy periods..I'm almost 51 and think they are finally about to end..but who knows!! The last 2 months I had only spotting..but feel all the time like my period is about to start..and I'm moody..weepy..hungry all the time..and just not a fun person to be around these days..poor hubby just looks so confused..I feel sorry for him. I guess we just all gotta hang in there..this is a good group for support..take care~~
Being listened to is so close to being loved that most people cannot tell the difference
~David Oxberg~
fiona
Combustible

Postby Terri » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:31 pm

Ladies,
thank you for making me feel like I'm not going crazy. LOL. I try to keep up a good mood but lately its slipping. Hubby just comes over and gives me a hug and sometimes thats just way too close. I don't say anything about my crazy moods, but we women sure know that they know. By the way, at the ripe old age of 43, and almost finished, sheesh, its crazy. I saw a forum in here about how old you are when you start as a girl and 'pauz as a women and to tell the truth, I started mine when I was in 3rd grade. Very young I know but sometimes it happens. My grandmother on my father's side was the same way. So I am one of them as you can tell.

Thanks,
Terri
Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone. I am of the philosophy " LAUGH".
Terri
Hot Pauzer

Heavy and going on forever

Postby shelly » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:29 am

this is really helpful. I've had spotty periods, quite short for about 6 months and now for the past 2 months - I've had a continuous period except for about 1 week. It's so relieving to hear this is to be expected. I thought I must be hemorraging. Just to be sure I'm off to see my dr. next week.

Shelly
shelly

Postby Zero » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:20 am

Good for you Shelly.... understanding that this is normal can reduce your stress and reducing your stress can help you get through the transition a lot easier (not faster, but easier). Going to see your doctor will also ease your mind....just go in there with the attitude that you are a partner in your own healthcare and with a good list of your symptoms and the time frames involved, and I'm sure your doctor will be able to help you figure out what the best path is for you. You can get a list of symptoms with room for notes here: http://www.minniepauz.com/printsymptoms.html
Zero

Postby Janice » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:12 am

Hi, I am new on this site and absolutely love it. I am from WA in Australia and I don't know if there are any other Aussies out there on the site.
I am 49 and haven't had a period since February, then now I have had non-stop spotting for 10 days. Nothing much, but just annoying. I am off to the Doctor on Friday just to check that there is nothing more sinister going on - I presume just menopausal which I have been going through for 2 years. But am concerned that it may be something else. Anyone else had this happen?
Cheers....Jan :)
Janice
Warm Pauzer

Mother's advice

Postby shelly » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:47 pm

Hi Janice. In speaking with my mother and found that what you describe as happening to you, was also typical for her. Actually, I've found in speaking with women from her generation; they are much more knowledgable than my GP. (And more interested / compassionate and caring.)

Good luck with it. Shelly (from Victoria, BC, Canada)
shelly

Postby Janice » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:50 pm

Thanks for reply Shelly. I have since got a period (after 6 mths without) and it is "making up for that lost time" I think. Very heavy and been going for 7 days (I used to have a very regular cycle with 5 days at most of period). Still hasn't ceased, so I guess this is just more of the menopause fun thing!! Wow....lucky me!!
Cheers .. Jan
Janice
Warm Pauzer

Postby Zero » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:07 pm

Jan, what did your doctor tell you?
Zero

Postby Janice » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:14 am

I am actually going Friday 15th, so will let you know what she says. I have fibroids as well, so maybe it is just them playing up.
Tks for the interest. Will speak soon.
Cheers..Jan
Janice
Warm Pauzer

Postby Janice » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:24 am

I have an ultrasound booked - as the doctor wanted to check to see if they were causing the trouble and also to check the endometrial lining - as I am concerned about uterine cancer.
I hope I am panicking over nothing.
Pessamisticme!!
Janice
Warm Pauzer

Postby Terri » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:24 pm

Well ladies,
I went and got a second opinion and the new doctor told me that I still have years to go. Sigh. I just started my cycle again after not having it in the last 2 months. The black cohash has been really helpful and the doctor also told me something I never even thought about. If you eat or drink a lot of sweets, it will bring on hotflashes and sometimes will make them worse. Even fruit can bring them on. So I have cut back on my soda and lo and behold, it works.

Terri
Terri
Hot Pauzer

Postby Zero » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:02 pm

It's always good when you find something that works, huh Terri? :) Now, who would have thought that sugar had anything to do with hot flashes? I found that when I was finally off carbs that I had more energy and was less depressed, so that was something that helped me....I cut out all sugar then too, but I don't have the regular, severe hot flashes anymore so didn't really notice any effect on that.

Good for you in getting a second opinion!! Hope things keep improving!!
Zero

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause