Today's Rant

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Today's Rant

Postby hotpatootie » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:39 pm

Don't want people to throw stones at me, but I was just thinkin, ya know it's Just Menopause......we aren't dying from some terminal disease, take your pick......not waiting for a major organ transplant.......I mean it is just some unpleasant, at times, journey we are all taking.....there is an end in site, atleast that's what they keep telling me......I guess I'm a tough love kind of a person...Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy whinning and complaining right along with the rest of Womankind, I've practically got it down to an "art form", but in the great scheme of things it really isn't that big of a deal, and I've got it all too.....clots as big as my liver, hot flashes, MOOD SWINGS, insomnia and all the aches and pains....on second thought it is a real pain in the......... :oops:
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Postby Zero » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:07 pm

very good post, hotpatootie!! I'm constantly trying to remind everyone of the same thing and I certainly can use the same reminder! Here's a page I made to try to help everyone find tools to stay positive and destress:
http://www.minniepauz.com/self-improvem ... tions.html

I've also started a new campaign:

Menopause is NOT a disease, it's a LIFESTYLE!(tm)

I've even got buttons and magnets and journals and shirts! :) You can see them here: http://www.minniepauz.com/merchandise.html
Zero

Postby hotpatootie » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:40 pm

I have a two very close long time friends with tragic health problems and nothing can put life in perspective like that. I feel positively ashamed of myself if I complain about my piddlely meno problems.
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Postby Terri » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:39 pm

Well girls,
If it wasn't for this forum I would be up ....creek. LOL. At least you ladies understand what I'm going through and none of the ladies in my family do but me. So when I whine and cry at least I have your shoulders to cry on. Thanks very much for you help and understanding.

Terri

Thinking of changing my nic to " 2hot2handle" LOL.
Terri
Hot Pauzer

Postby hotpatootie » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:57 pm

Well Terri and the rest, I was thinking the same thing about changing my name I really should be Miss Bea Haven, I don't know if the rest of you have noticed, I'm sure most of us here are in our 50's, anyway starting to say and do the carizest things and not really caring too much about what anybody thinks except, me me me. A gal where I work stopped by my cube and started telling me about just really getting hot-flashes big time, so we had a good laugh about it and :oops: dripping to death at our desks, where I work I have I really HUGE fan, it sounds like an airplane hanger when the thing is going at top speed. :oops: :oops:
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Postby purple haze » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:19 pm

Meno can be fun. Its a great excuse for being excentric (sp?).
We only have a/c in the bedroom. All day i sweat from the heat but at I turn on the ac and tell hubby to put pjs on if he's cold. hahahah

A Meno induced crazy -- I've gone into the shower twice lately with my glasses on. It can be pretty scary in there with your glasses on.hahah
purple is my color,
a hippie mama to a hippie mama
granny nanny to 4
purple haze
One HOT Woman!

Postby pamibe » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:30 am

I have to tell you, at the height of my symptoms, when the panic attacks were punctuated with hot flashes and the night sweats and leg aches wouldn't let me sleep... I didn't give a good crap about anyone but myself!

It's almost as if you enter a tunnel, the middle being the worst possible part that you'll have to travel through. It's dark, it's scary, it's full of horrible symptoms that make you think you've got several diseases but you can't remember what they might be because you can't recall even your grandchild's name...

Until you start the journey out the other side, and finally see a bit of daylight [no, it's not a train!] it's all about you. And it should be.

You learn to eat what your body responds best to, get the rest it likes, and generally become its slave until such time when you can take your life back...

Is there such a time? We'll see... My Bowflex came in yesterday and hubby set it up last night. :D

Pam
pamibe

Postby aj » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:03 pm

Pam- that sounds like a good analogy of what I'm going through right now. I keep trying to tell myself to look on the bright side. That this should be an exciting time of my life. A passage. A new beginning. Maybe something I should look forward to as I mature and age and "become myself"! BUT !!!!! How the heck do I do that when I'm getting so forgetfull at times that I leave the burners going on the stove ? :roll: My poor hubby likes to help me with dishes, and he likes to wipe down the stove for me. I'll bet 4 times in the past week I've left a burner on low only to have him grab it (without thinking, of course) and burn himself!! Poor guy. We've gone through a lot of ointment and ice in the past few days.

I can relate to the glasses incident in the shower, too, Crittermom. Only, I keep reaching for my glasses on the top of my head where I usually place them only to realize they're already on my nose!!! PLUS- my skin's dry, hair's brittle, moods change, muscles ache, head hurts, hot flashes, night sweats and expanding waist. I'm looking on the positive side though. I'm POSITIVELY miserable!!!!!! But- it's a whole lot more fun talking to you ladies about it!! Whew...I feel better now. Now if I could just remember where I put my fan...... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
aj
Combustible

Postby pamibe » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:29 pm

The way I look at it, aj... You can't be 'up' ALL the time; nobody can. If there are no valleys how could we appreciate the peaks? :wink:

Did you decide on a hair color? You could get one of those rinses that lets you preview a color then wash it out with the next shampoo... :D
I like those; lets me be someone else for 24 hours... LOL!!

Pam
pamibe

Postby aj » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:39 pm

You're absolutely right, Pam! We can't be UP all the time. It's good we can give ourselves permission to whine....and then appreciate the peaks!!

No- I haven't decided on a haircolor. I want it to be subtle for at least the first time anyway. I'm not a big risk-taker (or whatever you call it.) My sister in law is way braver than I am. She dies her hair a different color about every 3 months. We joke about it and wonder if her hubby feels like he's sleeping with a different woman every time. :lol: I am so naive when it comes to coloring my hair at home, but your idea of getting a rinse as a preview sounds like the way to go ! I haven't made it out of the house yet this morning to go shopping, and by the looks of all my posts it would appear that I am constantly on the computer, but not the case. It just chimes whenever there is a new message so of course I've "trained myself" now to run right over and check to see who it's from! Geez...what's the saying, "Can't teach an old dog new tricks?" Well- I think I'm the old dog!! :lol:
aj
Combustible

Postby pamibe » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:45 pm

You're not alone, aj, that's JUST what I do!! We're all slaves to that chime... ;)

Pam
pamibe

Postby Zero » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:08 pm

pamibe wrote:You're not alone, aj, that's JUST what I do!! We're all slaves to that chime... ;)

Pam

Boy! That's the truth!! :)
Zero

Postby luvkitties » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:39 am

Just wanted to add my 2¢ here. Here are some words that just apply to life:

My sister used to say - Try and stay above it.
My grandmother used to say - The fun you have is the fun you make.
My Mom used to say - It's not where you are, it's who you're with.
(She also said - You do it once, it becomes your job.)

Here's a little poem I wrote:

Menopause can be tough,
It has it's ups and downs.
Keep trying to get thru,
With smiles instead of frowns.
luvkitties

Postby Zero » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:30 am

It would do us all good to remember some of the old saying from our past like luvkitties posted, and also some of the newer ones like "our thoughts create our reality". That's one that I try to really concentrate on because I believe it is true whether it's our lives, our businesses or our health that is affected by the way we think, the way we perceive the situation. Kind of a new take on the half full/half empty theory, you know?

This is why I'm trying to help women laugh about menopause, getting older and just our lives at this time.....laughing does help a lot more than crying (although a good cry can be very cleansing!). No, it's not easy to maintain a positive attitude or thoughts when you feel like crap, but even complaining can be fun when you're sharing it with like-minded women! :)

Cute poem, luvkitties! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Zero

wow

Postby pb4ugo » Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:44 pm

I have read a lot on this website trying to see if I am as alone as I feel some days and wow you ladies sure make it easier...I am 42 and in menopause because of a hysterectomy in April so I am just starting thru the tunnel and i feel some days as if the train turned it's headlight out and hit me...I have 2 teenage daughters so meno and puberty have hit and my poor husband comes thru the door at night wondering who is at home...the screaming matches between us girls can get dicey...I always win but I am mom and I tell them that I am the MONARCH (supreme ruler) and they had just better give up now... :twisted: I am on hrt but the doc won't up the dosage so I am wondering if there is a GOOD multi vitamine out there that doesn't contain soy that I can take to help with the moods, the forgetfullness, etc...anyway I probably should go impose my will on someone :D

My screen name is a phrase that my mom said to me and I have said to my kids all our lives and I practice daily as I am a school bus driver...PB4UGO!!

Dalan :)
There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast!!
pb4ugo

Quick Reply

Next

Return to Menopause