Am I official yet??

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Am I official yet??

Postby Bevy1958 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:55 am

On Dec 1/06 I had an endometrial ablation done...I had spotting for 3 days and have not seen a smudge of red since.
Does this count for menopause or should I wait longer. I don't think it would be considered surgical menopause because nothing is really removed and sometimes (very seldom) it doesn't work.
I have to say that this past year has been the best!!
makin snow angels with just shorts and a T-shirt on...that cools me down!!!
Born 1958...been peri since about my late 30's
Bevy1958
Combustible

Postby minniepauz » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:15 am

You might want to ask Dr. Judy for the official proclamation, but hey, I would consider it menopause! :) You just want to make sure you don't get pregnant!!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Bevy1958 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:47 pm

minniepauz wrote:You might want to ask Dr. Judy for the official proclamation, but hey, I would consider it menopause! :) You just want to make sure you don't get pregnant!!

I will be 50 in April....if I get pregnant please SHOOT ME!!
Bevy1958
Combustible

Postby drjudy » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:45 pm

The official definition of menopause is one year without a period. I don't think, however, that applies to the ablated. You certainly get to skip further bloody nonsense from perimenopause--you must've paid your dues if you qualified for an ablation--and hopefully you're done with the wild hormonal swings. And even if you dug deep and pulled out some old egg on ovulation, there would be no place for it to get fertilized or implant.

Best,
Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:49 am

That's why Judy's the doc and I'm the cartoonist!! hahahaaha
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Bevy1958 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:26 pm

drjudy wrote:The official definition of menopause is one year without a period. I don't think, however, that applies to the ablated. You certainly get to skip further bloody nonsense from perimenopause--you must've paid your dues if you qualified for an ablation--and hopefully you're done with the wild hormonal swings. And even if you dug deep and pulled out some old egg on ovulation, there would be no place for it to get fertilized or implant.

Best,
Judy

So how will I know? I still have hot flashes although not as often as before and they are usually not too bad. I still have those early (2am) wake-ups...the mood swings have also gotten easier to bear.
Bevy1958
Combustible

Postby minniepauz » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:34 pm

Bevy....if you go the next 12 months without any bleeding, you'll be officially post-menopausal. That doesn't mean the other symptoms stop though. I haven't had a period for over 15 years and I still get too warm, have mood swings and insomnia, among others....like tinnitis.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause