Bummed.

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Bummed.

Postby Ritas » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:42 am

I turned 50 this last October. For the last year, my periods have been coming earlier. Every 25-27 days. And my breasts would be sore for 2 weeks before my period. I used to get my periods every 30-35 days when younger. This last year I also would spot a little for about 2 days before my period started. Well, I was due for my period on the 9th. My breasts never got sore and I didn't start. So I thought "wow, maybe Im finally in the home stretch." WRONG. I felt minor cramps tonight and later on, there it was. This is the first time in awhile that my period has come past the 28 day mark. Dang. I have mixed emotions right now. :? There for awhile I was thinking what a way to end 2007.

Has anyone else ever had a period without their breasts being tender and sore? This is a new one for me.
Ritas
Warm Pauzer

Postby CathyW » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:33 am

Hi Ritas

Boy do understand the bummed feeling! After 6 months of only having a bit of spotting every now and then I started a very heavy period on Friday :( I too had thought I was finally seeing the light at the end of a long tunnel. And no I didn't have the normal sore breasts before either. I think its estrogen that causes the breasts to be sore before a period so maybe its a sign that our estrogen level is lower then it used to be. The spotting before a period starts is low progesterone. I have had that many times over the last couple of years. All I have learnt through this process called peri meno is that nothing stays the same for long :shock: Anyways just wanted tto let you know you aren't feeling bummed alone LOL

:bighug:
Cathy
Cathy
born 1960/peri/fibroids/hypothyroidism/on Disability because of FM
CathyW
One HOT Woman!

Postby Ritas » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:08 pm

Thanks CathyW. I hope we are in the final phase of this peri meno process.

Thank you for the information on the estrogen and sore breasts. I didn't know that low progesterone would cause some spotting before a period if it was low.

Hope you have a great day today. :D
Ritas
Warm Pauzer

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:29 pm

I'll be glad when mine get less frequent and phase out.
They've been coming at about 21 day intervals....so I started on the 4th Dec, and yes, you guessed it, exactly 21 days later on Christmas Day, right after I finally sat down after all the cooking. :(

I was told by an older friend that they can be closer together, and then, after a while, (how long is that 'while' - mine's been a couple of years), they get less frequent and phase out.

I worry as I read research that the more periods you have in your life the more there is a cancer risk (that's why years ago, when women had more babies some kinds were less, apparently),
Not to mention how it can make people anaemic and drained.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:22 pm

After about three years of totally irregular periods, spotting, flooding, nothing for three months and then three months' worth of period coming in a day .... I feel I am on the home stretch. Turn 50 in a fortnight (eeeek! feel like running and hiding ...) but nothing for six months, not a bit of spotting, discharge, cramping, nowt. So perhaps the end is in sight. About time too. The last few years have been a nightmare, carry sanitary towels around with me everywhere. Rarely went swimming in a public pool and never wore white skirt or trousers. Always carried a long cardigan just in case of those flooding moments.
Men really don't know how easy they have it.
Anyway, for my 50th I am fairly confident that I can wear something tight and white for the first time in ages.
Good luck girls,
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:27 am

Hope you have a WONDERFUL 50th birthday, fluffpot!! You deserve it! And thanks for all your encouraging comments and support of the new gals here. They need to hear about those of us who "made it through". :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby barveda » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:23 am

Congrats on SIX months. :cheer: As of today, it is four months for me :D

Happy 50th too! :party:

:director: ATTENTION !!! fluffpot will be wearing white again.
"Living a new normal everyday!"
barveda
Warm Pauzer

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:41 pm

Thank you for lovely forthcoming birthday wishes. I shall think of them as I hide under the bed, the sofa, in the cupboard ... anywhere to avoid having to face the 50th birthday cards that will be screeching my age!! Y'see, in my heart and in my head, I'm still about 20. Still clown around, still wear totally inappropriate clothes, still can't work out which knife and fork I should be using at a posh table ...
I also seem to have lost my dancing-girl icon that was the GorgeousFluffpot trademark on Minniepauz. Hmm, oh well off with the old and on with the new. A trawl around some avatar sites and this I instantly identified with this new one (bad hair, overweight, can't sit still!).
Love to you all, girls. What a nice bunch of ladies you all are.
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:25 pm

Maybe a visit to this blog will give you a different perspective on turning 50. :) http://ayearto50.blogspot.com/ And if 50 seems that bad, then what am I supposed to do in April when I turn 60!!!!????
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:31 pm

Hey Gorgeous
Instead of hiding on your b-day I expect you to get the most daring beautiful outfit, go to a nice restaurant, not worry about which fork spoon or glass to use, and be totally outrageous!!! We've earned it!!!Whan I turned 40 I had my first b-day party that was totally mine! my brother's bday is Oct. 30 and mine Nov, 12 th so my mom always did a costume party...I always felt cheated so on my 40th a friend offered up her house and we had a blast... everyone brought their instruments and we played music and danced for most of the nite,,, there were people that thought I'd cringe from the big 4 0 but I got THEM I embraced it and had a blast (had the actual day down in FL on a clinical affiliation and took the opportunity to swim with the dolphins for my own b-day gift@@)...this coming Novemeber I'll have my 50th and I'm sure I'll get the ribbing from Dh as he's 4 yrs my junior but I plan on having a grand time!! Thinking a new tat is in order!
so Partay!!! girl!! Partay!!! (Gasparilla starts here in Tampa this weekend, a pirate overtaking of the city and the strawberry festival is coming soon!!! already eating up those berries!)

so I'll be partying for you!!!
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:23 am

it's nice to celebrate birthdays online when you're part of a forum...
I wonder if it's possible to have a members only 'hidden' forum for dates?

I've got 18 months to my 50th...but I feel 60 already Dee, so don't worry :D
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:20 pm

Only members can read these posts....and I have to approve all memberships....that's why I recently stated that everyone must give at least some info about themselves when they register. If they don't, they can't be a member. :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:35 pm

minniepauz wrote:Only members can read these posts....
sorry Dee I didn't realise that...I think a couple of sections
Post-Menopause and
Ask the Pharmacist
are visible when not logged in and maybe that misled me...

I understand that the top section is meant to be visible to people before registering.

Thanks, that's nice to know that some sections are private.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:35 pm

oops....sorry! you were right. I must have missed those somehow. Please let me know if there are any others that are readable when not logged in! See there, just when you think you're losing your mind, you become one of the sharpest knives in the drawer!! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause