Where am I now?

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Where am I now?

Postby danmia » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:42 pm

Well does anyone know if the symptoms are worse in peri or in actual menopause? I haven't had a period for a while now, but that's because I was taking progesterone until August last year. But I stopped it and honestly although no periods, I have never felt so crappy in my life. So I'm thinking am I in actual menopause now and if so is that worse? My symptoms are wake up feeling like I have morning sickness, every couple of weeks an IBS attack, otherwise pretty constipated, and the nausea goes while I'm constipated it's just the couple of days of IBS I have that also morning and night. Headaches, I had a period of two months with a continuous headache which just drove me insane it hurt so bad. Hot flashes not so bad, but worse because I never had them at all before. NIght sweats, getting better, these have improved I think.....touch wood. Joint pain, much worse, I am like an old woman trying to get up especially if I kneel down or first thing in the morning. Depression and irritability much worse, didn't have that at all while I was taking progesterone, now I just feel so miserable and then suddenly leap into a manic happy mood. Then I'm extremely irritable at the drop of a hat. Crying at ridiculous things. Anxiety and panic about the same, always had this all my life, it's just worse now with this. I just want to feel normal again, I'm so close to thinking about HRT but then I think come on you've come this far, you can do it!!! I think my worst symptoms are definitely the stomach issues and now the just feeling fed up with everything, also the horrible social anxiety which I've always had but now it's magnified.
If anyone else can relate please let me know........... :?
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Re: Where am I now?

Postby minniepauz » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:11 pm

The worst part is that even though we might feel better in some ways because we're post menopause, there's other things that are getting worse because we're getting older. Even though there is somewhat of an end to menopause, well....you know what the end is to getting older. :mrgreen:
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby gracious granny » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:03 pm

Sometimes its really hard to sort out the menopause symptoms and the ones that come with age :yuck: . My peri-menopause symptoms were worse ,I think, than actual menopause has been. The MOOD SWINGS :evil: , up one day, down the next :twisted: , just like you, I just was so fed up with life in general. And the crying :cry: , Oh, Please! sometimes I was in danger of drowning myself, I have had the times where I don't want anyone looking at me :baghead: and didn't want to leave the house. This continued up until a few weeks ago.
I am now 10 months (almost) since my last period and I just realized the other day that I am feeling better :cheer: and hopefully you soon will too. Hang in there...there is light at the end of the tunnel :hug2: .
" Lifes a dance you learn as you go"..............
gracious granny
Combustible

Postby danmia » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:52 pm

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I keep thinking it cant be as bad this year as last year was. But I have a couple of weeks where I feel almost normal and then bam back to feeling crappier than ever.......its soul destroying sometimes........having a down time about it all right now, give me a few days and I will be back to saying oh its getting better..........I hope!!
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby bobbi54 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:53 pm

I can feel your pain. I think I have every symptom there is. I've found that L-Theanine, Valerian and Motherwort are helping will the depression and anxiety. Melatonin and Valerian are good for the sleep and good old Black Cohosh and Soy Isoflavones for the hot flashes and night sweats. Now they just need to put it all in one formula. I'm working on other stuff too and will get back to you with info.
Bobbi - :D
bobbi54
Warm Pauzer

Postby danmia » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:41 pm

bobbi54 wrote:I can feel your pain. I think I have every symptom there is. I've found that L-Theanine, Valerian and Motherwort are helping will the depression and anxiety. Melatonin and Valerian are good for the sleep and good old Black Cohosh and Soy Isoflavones for the hot flashes and night sweats. Now they just need to put it all in one formula. I'm working on other stuff too and will get back to you with info.
Bobbi - :D

I really think someone should write a book on the full symptoms because everywhere seems to just mention the basic ones and that's it, but it's all the other horrors that come with the hot flashes etc. that I wasn't prepared for. Thanks for checking my journal out though.. I'm a bit better now than I was this morning, I had a super IBS attack which means I'm out for the count for about 4 hours then everything calms down again.......hehehe such is life......
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby warminspringsun » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:04 pm

Hi

I sympathise with you on the stomach issues, and everything else, I seem to get indigestion attacks and on and off nausea that can last for days, everytime I think it has gone it comes back again, I am getting fed up of hot flushes and sweats and not sleeping and am wondering if this will ever end. :banghead: I am not on HRT because it affected my liver function and although I have no periods anymore I am beginining to wish I had just put up with the endometriosis for a few days a month, now I feel totally crap everyday.

I am so glad we have sites like this one to come and have a moan on to people who understand, I am 46 and my friends are still hormonally normal and they don't really know what I'm talking about as it hasn't happened to them yet. ( I hope it doesn't)

Hope you feel better soon, you are not alone :roll:

Warminspringsun
Born 1961
surgically menopausal due to endometriosis
warminspringsun
On Fire!

Postby danmia » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:03 pm

It's such a comfort to hear other people suffering with the same problems as myself. I have days where my stomach is fine and no nausea no gas no nothing and it's great, then today I wake up and bam there is it again and nothing seems to shift it, just time. I seem to have it for a few days then it leaves for a week or so then it's back again. I am having more hot flushes now, I'm not taking any HRT anymore so they are definitely worse. All in all it's just frustrating and I wish it would end. Why couldn't I be one of those women who sail through menopause......but oh well, thanks for listening and writing it really really helped me a lot. Where would I be without these boards...... :bouncy:
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:43 am

warminspringsun wrote:I am not on HRT because it affected my liver function

you could use natural progesterone cream, as it's rubbed in the skin it doesn't have to be processed through the liver as tablets do.

see this http://www.progesterone.co.uk/index.cfm ... ion=sc.Use
Born 1959
Hashimoto's hypothyroid finally diagnosed 1991 when 30, (after first child).
In pre-menopause. Trying natural progesterone cream.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause