My Experience with Estroven

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

My Experience with Estroven

Postby gracious granny » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:20 pm

Hello all,
Several of you have probably read some of my other posts but if you haven't...I am 48 and its been almost 11 months since my last period. So far menopause hasn't been nearly as bad a peri-menopause was :yuck: For the past several months my symptoms have been extreme chilliness, nervousness and anxiety, bad fatigue, a bad case of the itchies, dryness and zero interest in sex.
Not knowing what to expect,on 3-14 I started on the Estroven Regular strength, it wasn't even the name brand but the store brand (because in case I couldn't take it I didn't want to be stuck with an expensive box of pills). All in all I will have to say that I have been pleasantly surprised!! The terrible anxiety is pretty much gone, I am almost perky!! Not chilling anymore, still got the itchies because allergy season has started here but the sex issues have improved amazingly!!!
Now for the bad news...the past 2 weeks I have eaten everything but my shoes :wink: Not really hungry but just feeling the need to be eating something ALL the time. Yesterday I did some research and found some info that the black cohosh in the Estroven may be causing that. That coupled with the fact that I have been feeling pretty stressed with work and family demands and we have have had a couple of deaths in the family this past month that have greatly upset me. I don't want to stop the Estroven since I feel so much better so I am going to make a serious effort to watch it with the eating. G.G.
" Lifes a dance you learn as you go"..............
gracious granny
Combustible

Re: My Experience with Estroven

Postby FilleFrançaise » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:58 am

I'm not taking any Black Cohosh but my appetite has gone through the roof, too. I think it's related to menopause and, as you said, stress.

Glad to hear that you've found a supplement that's helping. I'm trying wild yam right now, especially for water retention. But it's seems to be more what I eat (too many carbs and caffeine) that increase my symptoms.

Good luck, hope you continue to feel better,
Fille
FilleFrançaise
On Fire!

Re: My Experience with Estroven

Postby gracious granny » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:21 pm

Hello Fille, Thank you for your response.
I did the low carb thing for quite a while and actually lost quite a bit of weight( and have managed to keep most of it off), but unfortunately its the carbs from the sweets that I seem to want the most. To me baked goods, pie, cake, donuts, they are the ultimate "comfort" food. I am not a pasta or potato lover, or one much for the bread, either.
I think it is somewhat stress related since the past couple of days I have set my mind up to behave myself and I have. We will see if it works :biggrin: G.G.
P.S. Good luck to you also!
" Lifes a dance you learn as you go"..............
gracious granny
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause