Appetite

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Appetite

Postby danmia » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:33 pm

Hello,
These past few months, I have noticed that I have really no appetite at all. I kind of force myself to eat to survive but don't really want it. I know I have bad cooking habits in that I dont do it very often, due to schedules of my husband and myself. I also find I do fancy a roast type dinner but that's about it. I just don't fancy food, and I can't seem to think of anything I would like to eat. I have to say I've always had problems with eating, as in not being intersted in food much at all, but it's definitely more of a problem now. My husband doesn't really help this much as he has never had an interest in food either, and his job means he comes home in the early hours of the morning and rarely wants anything to eat at that time. I know this is muddled in explanation, bascially I just wondered if anyone else finds this a problem. I have just started getting over the flu which also does not help things one bit.
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Re: Appetite

Postby minniepauz » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:12 pm

Mia....it sounds like you have been doing this for a long time because of you and your husband's lifestyle. Are you finding that it's becoming unhealthy for you now? Or are you just feeling like it's not "normal"? Are you not getting enough vitamins or vegetables? I'm asking because maybe you can modify one area of your eating to correct whatever problem you're having without having to completely change your habits.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby danmia » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:07 am

Wow I just posted a long reply to this one and it wouldn't post so now I've lost my thread completely. Basically I'm not worried about the healthy eating vitamins side of things. Just that I have no appetite. I have always had problems with this and it's just magnified with menopause. My stomach wants food but my mouth and head don't at all. I have been in the past on tranquillisers for anxiety stress and the eating problem but haven't taken them for 8 years because I was severely addicted and really don't want to get back to that again. I have always had IBS and so fruit vegetables are my enemies not my friends, even though I love both. Seems very unfair the things we would eat and enjoy just do not agree. Like I said it doesnt take much to put me off food, so this symptom is no stranger to me, I just want to be normal again, I'm pretty depressed too which doesn't help I'm sure. It will pass like everything else with this menopause rubbish does. Just have to be patient and not think about it or worry about it as much as I do.
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby craftyvalerie » Fri May 16, 2008 10:12 am

danmia.......I have the same problem right now........but I had been on a diet to loss weight that I had started in JAn.....by April I totally lost my appetite....found out I have ulcers and I think now its the ulcer meds that are giving me no appetite.....but u have to make sure u try and eat healthy....never in my life would I have thought I would be worried about not eating...go figure...lol :roll:
craftyvalerie
Combustible

Postby danmia » Fri May 16, 2008 11:02 am

That's interesting you say that, I started taking Prilosec and really it's since then. But I'd much rather take that than have the horrible stomach problems I had before. Swings and roundabouts I guess. Hehehe I'm not losing weight though, so I must be doing it right even though I'm eating very little a day really. What can you do, hormones lead to stomach problems, and that leads to something else and that leads to something else, it just goes on and on and on.....but I am starting to have more good days than bad, the end of last year it was nothing but bad days!!!
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby craftyvalerie » Mon May 19, 2008 7:38 am

lol Mia I agree.....we fix one problem...and something else pops up.........but we are strong and we will get through it....and you are right ,things seem to be getting better.......Im 11 months period free and the last 2 were so bad.... but since I started Protonix for my stomach and eating healthy...I seem to be on the right track.......still dont have my appetite back (which is a good thing I think)..lol....I eat every 3 hrs even if its something small......I go back to see GI doc today so I will ask him about the appetite thingy.....hope everyone has a great day!!
craftyvalerie
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause