Protonix and gas pain

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Protonix and gas pain

Postby craftyvalerie » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:06 am

Has anyone tried Protonix for ulcers or acid reflex?........and if so did it make you very gassy?...I have been using protonix for my ulcers but now I get very bad gas pains from it or the gas is just a new thing for me :( .......it seems just when Im feeling better something new comes along........
craftyvalerie
Combustible

Re: Protonix and gas pain

Postby de6rt » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:25 pm

I take Prylosec for acid reflux and don't suffer from bloating. I was having terrible bloating constantly. I was advised by my doctor to keep a food diary. It is a pain, but what I discovered was that the older I am getting the more sensitive to food additives and preservatives. Also, I was eating at restaurants often because my hubby and I both work. I have limited my restaurant food intake and prepackaged foods. More fresh fruits, veggies, and cook more at home. I finally got rid of my gas. Hope this helps. :bouncy:
de6rt

Re: Protonix and gas pain

Postby minniepauz » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:55 pm

I've been fortunate (so far) to not have a gas problem, even with broccoli, but I started using Beano and even when I eat a big bowl of pinto beans, there's only a small amount of tooting going on. Sometimes I do sound like a little putt putt engine walking through the house, but it doesn't hurt so I just laugh at myself.

I don't know if it would work as good as what you're taking but it might be worth a try. You just take a pill (or two?) before eating gassy foods and it might reduce the amount of gas you have.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause