Was wondering

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Was wondering

Postby craftyvalerie » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:36 am

Was wondering if anyone tried the vitamins from Women to Women........I was thinking of trying them and wanted to see if they helped anyone........thanks in advance.........Valerie
craftyvalerie
Combustible

Re: Was wondering

Postby minniepauz » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:01 pm

I haven't tried them, but I would guess they're as good as any you can get elsewhere. I would just compare prices to the more common vitamins (consider what ingredients are in them) and go with what's affordable for you.

Another thing I try to do is get all my supplements in liquid or capsule form. Ever since I read about how calcium pills and vitamins have to be so compacted to be able to get everything in a pill that's small enough to swallow, that most of the time not all the pills are disolved enough in your stomach to get into your system before they are passed by going to the bathroom. I remember thinking how I must have wasted a lot of money that way!!

The only place I could find liquid calcium (that also has magnesium and Vitamin D) was in a healthfood store.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby ty0 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:44 pm

minniepauz wrote:I haven't tried them, but I would guess they're as good as any you can get elsewhere. I would just compare prices to the more common vitamins (consider what ingredients are in them) and go with what's affordable for you.

Another thing I try to do is get all my supplements in liquid or capsule form. Ever since I read about how calcium pills and vitamins have to be so compacted to be able to get everything in a pill that's small enough to swallow, that most of the time not all the pills are disolved enough in your stomach to get into your system before they are passed by going to the bathroom. I remember thinking how I must have wasted a lot of money that way!!

The only place I could find liquid calcium (that also has magnesium and Vitamin D) was in a healthfood store.

Thanks for this info. I have a really difficult time swallowing pills (probably why I have 5 kids lol) and I have been reading about all the supplements etc. and wondering how in the heck I was going to be able to take them. I think I will try the health food store this week.
ty0

Postby KarenR » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:47 pm

I found a liquid Calcium + D at Walmart. It did not have magnesium, so I take a separate magnesium supplement. Next time I go, I will have to check to see if they have a liquid Calcium with Mag and D. I don't remember how much it cost, but it must not have been too bad, if I bought it. :)

Karen
KarenR
Warm Pauzer

Postby ty0 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:30 pm

Thanks Karen I appreciate the info.
ty0

Postby bobbi54 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:26 pm

Hi Ladies,

I take what is called Ionic Fizz and it comes in a Calcium and a Magnesium. You put a scoop in water. It tastes good and is fizzy. It is supposedly absorbed in to the body best this way. You can buy individual travel packets of a bulk container.
Bobbi
bobbi54
Warm Pauzer

Postby ty0 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:18 pm

That's why I love this site. I would have never known about that stuff.

Thanks again for all the information I get on this site. I'm spreading the word to all of my friends to check out the site whether or not they are starting this journey. I think even if someone is not "there" yet it can't hurt to be informed.
ty0

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause