Weight loss

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Weight loss

Postby craftyvalerie » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:03 am

I know this is going to sound weird but has anyone else had a weight loss during meno?....I am still losing weight.......and believe me I still need too.......I went on NutriSystem Jan-March and lost 35 pds.....which then I got Major GI issues........have had every test in the book....and was told on Friday that Im healthy.....that the Scans,Ultrasounds,blood work shows nothing wrong......I am feeling better but still losing weight........I was just wondering if my metabolism could have just changed on me........ Valerie
craftyvalerie
Combustible

Re: Weight loss

Postby njwhite » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:52 pm

I've lost about 23 pounds in the last 9 months. My appetite seems to have gone away. But I've been in surgical menopause for 21 years.
njwhite
Combustible

Postby minniepauz » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:28 pm

craftyvalerie wrote:I know this is going to sound weird but has anyone else had a weight loss during meno?....I am still losing weight.......and believe me I still need too.......I went on NutriSystem Jan-March and lost 35 pds.....which then I got Major GI issues........have had every test in the book....and was told on Friday that Im healthy.....that the Scans,Ultrasounds,blood work shows nothing wrong......I am feeling better but still losing weight........I was just wondering if my metabolism could have just changed on me........ Valerie

Sounds to me like the nutrasystem did get your system turned around, but I hope the GI issues are going away!! I'm getting ready to start a "cleansing" program myself in an effort to not only lose weight but possibly get this psoriasis under control. It's going to be difficult to stick to something very long if I start having major problems. :(
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby craftyvalerie » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:27 pm

I agree with you Dee.....I think the NS did something to me......Im glad to be losing the weight but I dont like the GI issues........I have lost 48 pds so far....in 6 months......are you having GI problems NJ? or just no appetite?..........When are you starting your cleansing Dee?......good luck girl!! you can do it!! Valerie
craftyvalerie
Combustible

Postby minniepauz » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:38 pm

Valerie...you may have just gotten used to a "sick" GI system, you know what I mean? You're more likely eating more vegetables and fiber which is a shift from what you ate before. So if it's getting better, maybe it's a good thing.

The doctor who is putting me on this 14 day plan says I may have some diarrhea or gas as my body detoxifies, but everything I've read and heard (like from Dr. Oz) says that we're in worse shape when our colons are clogged up because we're not eating right, etc.

Here's a page with videos he's done on Oprah and they are SO informative. The one that really caught my attention (well, any of them that are about weight) was about the omentum. Fascinating...so now I'm going to concentrate on reducing my omentum! :)
http://www2.oprah.com/videochannel/vide ... ategory=18

The little dots at the top will show you the next group f videos....these are great!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby GrandmaGreathouse » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:14 pm

A friend of mine did get a messed up gall bladder after one of the NS or JC diets. I lost 400 (well, 360 of it a lazy husband) with a doctors diet program - and they have you take omega 3 6 9 - said it was to keep the gall bladder working. I've maintained the loss for 5 years, however, I wish I could have a flat belly.

Keep up the exercise. Keep that body toned!
GrandmaGreathouse
Hot Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause