Headache/High Blood Pressure with Hot Flash?

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Headache/High Blood Pressure with Hot Flash?

Postby trishified8 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:42 pm

I find that I'm getting a headache at the height of a hot flash. I feel like my head is going to literally explode. Does Tylenol help with this? So far, I found that massaging my head and neck has helped to loosen the grip somewhat, but it sure makes it hard to sleep.

Also, does anyone know if your blood pressure goes up during a hot flash? With all that pressure in my head, I'm afraid to check.

All this is new to me, as I just started experiencing these symptoms this week after going off the pill. :baghead:

Thanks, Trish
trishified8

Re: Headache/High Blood Pressure with Hot Flash?

Postby GrandmaGreathouse » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:00 pm

Hi! That was a concern that I had....and one day at the doctors office, I had a hot flash while getting my blood pressure taken. It was a great relief to discover that my blood pressure was not at all raised by my pounding heart and head! (and I would have bet money that it was raised - and I only bet money if I'm sure of the answer)

I hope this response helps.

You could always go hang out at the grocery pharmacy and wait for a hot flash - ours has blood pressure machines......maybe if we sit around and wait for them - they'll never happen!!!
GrandmaGreathouse
Hot Pauzer

Re: Headache/High Blood Pressure with Hot Flash?

Postby trishified8 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:19 pm

Wow! Talk about perfect timing! Thanks so much, that is helpful info. The reason I went off of the pill was because my blood pressure was going up :yuck: . So, that does set my mind at ease. I am starting to do deep breathing exercises to calm myself, and it is helping somewhat.

I'm gonna pick up some Tylenol 8 hour to help while I'm sleeping tonight. To tell you the truth, the sweating doesn't wake me up at night, it's the headache! So, I guess it's all about adjusting and learning to work with things.

Thanks so much.

Trish
trishified8

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause