Fire Head

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Fire Head

Postby shynybbw » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:51 pm

I had an oopherectomy a little over one year ago. I have been suffering with sever hot flashes ever since.
I have them at least 10 or more times a day and they are now becoming even worse and very embarrassing. My inner arms turn red and so does my face, which is normal. But the worst part is that my entire head feels as if it is on fire. :hot: This in return causes my entire head to sweat uncontrollably, to the point were my my hair looks like I just got of the shower and my shirts at the collar and shoulders are drenched. And now I have noticed that the sweat has a foul odor. I do not sweat abnormally any where else except for my flaming head. It seems like I can't go anywhere any more with out having a major hot flash and becoming soaked.

Can any one tell me if they have experienced the "fire head" feeling? and if so what have you done to help it?
I'm not sure what to do about the odor either. I run to the bath room to wash my face and neck to try and cool myself down and clean the sweat off but the odor is still in my hair. All I want to do is hide till it's time to go home. Can anyone help PLEASE???
shynybbw

Re: Fire Head

Postby Brighid Moon » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:22 pm

Hi Shny!

I get that too! It feels as if my head and face are completely sunburned. I hate it! And I hate what it does to my hair as well - it makes it look greasy. :yuck: I do what you're doing, just keep getting cold water on me and drenching down my hair. A cold, wet rag is good to have too, you can carry one around in a ziplock with you. It works both as a cooling agent (apply to skin as needed) and doubles as a fan! :mrgreen:

When at home I live under the air conditioner (literally) and in the refrigerator sometimes too! :lol: Other than that, I haven't figured out a way to fix it either except taking herbs to try and balance out the hormone fluctuations. Maybe someone else has more or better ideas.
Brighid Moon
One HOT Woman!

Postby RacerWife7 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:59 pm

:laugh2: Oh my gosh... Brighid, you crack me up. :lol:
~ Janet, age 45 (46 in March 2011)
Mom of 2 young boys / Wife of a Saturday night racecar driver / former country line dance instructor/choreographer
Hypothyroid (Hashimoto's), Peri
RacerWife7
Combustible

Postby GrandmaGreathouse » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:36 pm

Shy NY.....you are not alone!!!!

I totally relate to the head on fire description....the sweat fills up my ears....and drips off my elbows!!!! (I get claustrophobic at that moment, also.)

Drinking cold water helps me.
GrandmaGreathouse
Hot Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause