Help, please!!!

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Help, please!!!

Postby brydar » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:58 pm

Hi Everyone.

I don't know if I'm perimenopausal or just plain strange. I have had fairly normal periods all along then suddenly this month I felt like I was getting my period five days before I actually did. And when I did it is not normal. It's sort of spotting and it's been five days. Just brown (gross I know, sorry) and no red, plus my breasts are quite sore. I am forty-five. I still feel like I should get my period. Any help, would be appreciated. I start worrying that I have some terrible disease or something. Help please!!!
brydar

Postby Zero » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:31 pm

brydar....first of all, don't worry about being "strange"....we're all a little strange when our hormones start acting up and there's no set time, age or pattern to let us each know when things are going to start changing. My periods completely stopped when I was 41, so it's not unheard of for you to start this process at 46.

Do you have a doctor? Have you had a check up recently? Do you have a family history of anything that would be of a major concern? Do you know if the women in your family entered menopause early? Have you had any of the other symptoms listed here: http://www.minniepauz.com/35symptoms

Yes, it's very likely that you have started the process of peri-menopause, but you have to educate yourself so you know what to look for and what to expect. You're here with women who understand what you're going through, so try not to be afraid and we'll help you get with the program!!

You can print out a list of symptoms from the link above to make notes on and take with you to your doctor and then you can decide what stage your hormones are in and how you would like to handle your symptoms....either low dose hormone replacement or with herbs, vitamins, etc., or without anything like many women have done.

Just remember, you're not alone Kiddo!!
Zero

Postby hotpatootie » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:23 pm

When I first started peri-meno about three years ago, I thought I must have a terrible disease, but I also was having hypo-thyroid probs, but anyway also thought I was starting (?) to go nuts or is that nuttier. But I think it would be a good idea to get a check-up, if for no other reason than to ease your mind. :roll: :oops:
Last edited by hotpatootie on Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Postby purple haze » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:49 pm

Hi brydar, I know you will find friends here. Dee has a wealth of info and the support is great.
Good Luck.
purple is my color,
a hippie mama to a hippie mama
granny nanny to 4
purple haze
One HOT Woman!

Postby pamibe » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:48 am

Welcome, brydar!

"Plain strange" is the norm here, so please feel right at home. :wink:

And... what Dee said. Can't get any better than that. Or should I say 'ditto'? :D

pam
pamibe

OOhhh that FEELING

Postby W*HolisticUK » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:37 pm

Meee tooo I am the one that usually supports folks

AND here I am climbing the wall with all sorts going on ~

I have Iregular Clotty Periods!
Swollen Glands
Boils
Hot and cold flashes
"Serial Killer" Moods
Feeling that the world owes me!!
Hemoroids
Jaw ache
Chin Ache
Sore throat
ear ache
Post nasal Drip
Periodic Sore throat
GROANING TEENAGE CHILDREN
NO TOLLERANCE
and to go with it I am alergic to Gravity

HELP??? doesn't it sound like to you, I am beyond HELP ~ EEK

LOL You name IT I have got it!!!!!

Wonders if this helps! some to see I got everything that tells my Doctor I am Pausing from MEN LOL
Feels like I got my last rites
Always with Love light and Laughter
:roll: http://www.universal-learning.co.uk
W*HolisticUK

Postby purple haze » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:40 pm

Yikes, now your intro makes sense.
Welcome to the club
purple is my color,
a hippie mama to a hippie mama
granny nanny to 4
purple haze
One HOT Woman!

Postby aj » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:29 pm

Holy buckets, sister!!!! That was ME just a month ago!!! Welcome aboard!
aj
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause