The real thing has started!

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

The real thing has started!

Postby perichick » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:04 pm

Happy Thursday all, and hope your holiday season is going well! :D
I just started having more OBVIOUS hot flashes, night sweats, etc. :baghead: Not too bad-I've been using a phytoestrogen/soy isoflavone supplement and calcium for several years now-have been peri for hw at seems like FOREVER! :banghead:

I'm glad the real thing has started-went w/o a period for 4 months last year-Oct-Feb. and same thing is going on now-- :tmi: :yeah:

It's uncomfortable-am also using a botanical cooling lotion-I'm 49 and want to avoid drugs!

I'm glad to have found this site AND I LOVE THE NAME PUN!

PEACE,

PC
perichick

Re: The real thing has started!

Postby minniepauz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:36 am

Welcome PC!! (love your name too!) It's much better for you Girls who are just starting down this pathway than it was 10 years ago. I remember women coming to the forum in tears and thinking they were losing their minds....all because there wasn't enough information out there until they found us. Now you're all much more informed by the time you get here and there's not as much panic. Still a lot of questions, of course, but we're all more in control of our health and know more what to expect.

Thanks for being here and helping to support the women that will come after you. Also, ask any questions and we'll try to get some answers. Dr. Judy is a great resource for those specific medical questions.... I personally think she's an angel sent here to calm our fears!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause