Cancer discussion

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Cancer discussion

Postby Zero » Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:22 am

These posts came from the other board and I didn't want to lose them:

smclarke71
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tracy I'm writing to respond to your post about avilmil, but not about the drug itself my concern is with you stating that ' breast cancer does not run in my family so that is not a real concern', and I'm glad it doesn't either BUT, no cancer runs in my family and I was diagnosed five and a half years ago at the tender age of twenty seven so please don't dismiss it it can happen, hopefully it wont' but please do yourself a favor and check your breasts every month after your period. IT CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE AS I SAVED MY OWN.
Sincerely,
a five year survivor and counting, Sole'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for posting that message, Sole' and congratulations on your 5 year recovery. You sound like a very brave woman!

I presume you went into chemical menopause, right? What do you take now to control your symptoms? Have any of the natural remedies helped you?

Thanks again for sharing.....
Dee

Responding to Dee
Hi Dee,
Thanks Dee, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger.
I actually haven't entered full chemical menopause yet, but I due suffer from some of the symptoms, i.e. dryness, hot flashes and most doctors disregard them by stating the same as usual "you're TOO young", but I know my body better than anybody so I am trying to find other alternatives. Let's face it, if this was a "MAN'S" disease/issue there would already be a cure. Sole'

Breast Cancer Awareness Month Re: to Sole and all
Dear Sole,

Thank you for reminding me that Breast Cancer is something ALL of us should be concerned about. I didn't mean to sound like I was "immune" to it simply because there wasn't a history in my family. I do suffer from Interstitial Cystitis which is a disease of the bladder. It is chronic and painful. I also suffer from severe Depression. A HUGE part of me refuses to believe that God will saddle me with yet another condition/disease. I guess to put it in plain English, I am putting my head in the sand, sigh.

I am 39 (as I said before) and I sure think I am showing ALL the signs of Menopause including, starting this month an unpredictable cycle. I have spoken to all my various Doctor's, get the nod and the "you're too young" answer, sigh. I didn't think about it until I read your response to Dee that "dryness" is indeed a HUGE factor in my lack of libido issue. Even with stimulation, nothing. It makes me worry that my husband thinks that I don't love him or want him. I guess it is similar to a way a man feels when he is impotent. Maybe keeping KY Jelly in my bedstand drawer isn't such a bad idea, huh?

Sole, I am so glad and proud of you for beating Breast Cancer. You have more courage than I could muster.

It is Breast Cancer Awareness month and in case anyone doesn't know this, if you go to the post office you can request "Breast Cancer Awareness" stamps. They cost a few pennies more then "regular" stamps, but the proceeds go to research. If you aren't doing that already, I strongly recommend you start doing it. It makes me feel really good, even though it is just a "little" thing.

Peace,

Tracy
Zero

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause