Having one of "those days"...

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Having one of "those days"...

Postby aj » Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:25 pm

I don't want to bring a sad note to the forum, but I know you ladies understand. I'm having one of those days where I feel blue :cry: , anxious, and
I even took my blood pressure and it's up!....not a lot...just higher than normal....so I worry more than I should about that, too. :roll: On any given day I can be happy as a lark and then it seems that the green-eyed meno-monster invades my disposition and the "dr. Jekyl" side of me comes out. Or is that the "Mr.Hyde" side? Anyone else having a bad day? I apologize that I'm like this.....but even typing this message has lifted my mood a little....Have a good day. Hugs to you all.
aj
Combustible

Postby pamibe » Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:36 pm

Hey, aj! Sorry your day sucks. Some are just like that. Have you eaten any chocolate? Chocolate fixes everything, ya know... :wink:

I spent the morning cleaning up outside and cutting the foliage back that was damaged in the storm... Then I started inside and promptly let a jar poured candle slip out of my hand... Shards of glass EVERYwhere!
I could tell my collie to lie down in place and stay there until I could pick everything up, but of course the dachshund zipped past, spooked by the noise... Argh! I cut my finger, of course, but not bad. It just hurt when I had to take tweezers and pull the shard out!

So, I've mopped and showered and now I'm taking a break... A well deserved break. Tea is steeping and there's a Perry Mason rerun on...! :D

Hope you feel better!!!!!!!!

pam
pamibe

Postby aj » Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:54 pm

Thanks Pam.....I haven't tried the chocolate yet. ALWAYS worth a try. Right? I re-read my post and even Ifeel sorry for myself! Boy, do I sound pathetic!! :lol: Your day sounds like the one I had yesterday. Thought I'd try a new recipe for lemon bundt cake. It called for 5 tbs soft butter. No soft butter, so I "melted" it in the microwave, only I forgot about it and went to fold laundry. Came back...exploded all over microwave. Soo, after cleaning up the mess I thought I'd try again. Melted it..a little too much so put it in the freezer for a few minutes to harden back up. But- when I took it out it was only hard on the top.I swirled it around in the bowl, but ended up pouring it all over me and the floor!! :x Another clean-up job to do. Geez... :roll: I did finally get the cake made. (I really can cook. It's just a little more challenging when my hormones get in the way!!!) :) By the way, the cake was to die for!!!! Yum. Enjoy your Perry Mason and tea! Yak atcha later!
aj
Combustible

Postby pamibe » Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:20 pm

Sorry, but I had to laugh at the butter story... I did that so much that now I only nuke it for about 5 seconds then feel it... then again for 2 seconds... then... well, you get the idea! LOL!!

At least the cake was good! :D

pam
pamibe

Postby aj » Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:43 pm

The sad thing is...I had it on slow defrost!!!! OH MY GOSH!!! And it STILL exploded !! BUT- it's my fault for leaving it to fold clothes. How did I know I'd have a memory fog and forget to check it? Good grief. Glad to know I'm not the only one this has happened to. I'd better get off this thing (computer). I have supper to burn! :lol: Thanks, Pam...I'm feeling a lot better! Have a good night...
aj
Combustible

Postby hotpatootie » Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:55 pm

Oh I have those days too, just feel like ya lost your best friend or something. But you ladies have it all wrong, you need to go shopping, that always helps me. :roll: Atleast after I found out it was meno related, my crappy moods, that in itself made me feel better, just glad I wasn't getting some mental disorder, now I can just say "oh it's menopause" such a handy excuse. Pam, glad you survived hurricane Frances, hey just thinking, it's Mother Nature have a meno moment !!!!
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Postby pamibe » Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:09 pm

it's Mother Nature have a meno moment !!!!

LOVE IT! :lol:

pam
pamibe

Postby aj » Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:19 pm

That's exactly right! It DOES feel like I've lost my last friend!! But- I know better. Thanks for understanding. It helps so much to have someone think my thoughts for me. (Does that make sense? Heck! who cares? :) ) Shopping sounds like a winner!!
Pam- I got so caught up in my own moment here that I didn't even acknowledge the fact you were in the hurricane! I hope you're alright! We have had some storms here too, but nothing like what you had! A few downed trees and power outages. Just a little midwestern excitement, I guess. Hope you didn't receive too much damage.
aj
Combustible

Postby pamibe » Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:41 pm

Well, all I can say is: don't believe everything you see on tv. The media loves to hype,hype,hype. We didn't lose anything, including power, and we were just south of the eyewall. Some of the palm fronds were damaged, and I cut those off today; not a big deal!

There were people without power, but I don't believe it was near the estimates we heard on the news, as I talked to people up and down the coast and only 1 that I knew was in the dark... The people in West Palm Beach had it worse than we did, because that's where the eye came in.

I don't mean to minimize it, either, because it did cause damage, but we've had those winds during tropical storms. Of course, they didn't last for four days... :wink:

pam
pamibe

Postby hotpatootie » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:51 am

Well it sure helps me to know that I'm not the only one losing her mind, hate to harp on it, but honestly, knowing that I know for sure what the heck is going on, it really makes it easier for me to cope with all of this stuff. A few of my good friends aren't there yet, I just keep telling them "Oh Boy, are you ever in for a bumpy ride". :roll: :oops:
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Postby Zero » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:11 am

Hey Girls...we're definitely all in the same boat! I concentrate so much on helping everyone else find answers, or feel better or hook up with someone else, that I completely forget (what's new?) that the reason I'm struggling to get the simplest things done....things I've been doing with my eyes closed for years....is because I'M going through the same brain fog, confusion, lack of energy and bouts of depression. What a shock!! hahahah!! I tend to beat myself up for not being on the ball or feeling lazy or having those special "Minnie Moments" (that's what I decided to call them instead of the horrid "Senior Moments"). Whenever I really need a reminder that it's not just ME, I go read what some of my readers have written: http://www.minniepauz.com/minniemoments.html If you have incidents like that to share, send them to me in email and I'll add them to the page! It really helps in so many ways like 1. laughing at ourselves releases the stress we feel from doing silly things 2. laughing at others helps us feel that we're not alone 3. laughing in general is the best HRT (Humor Replacement Therapy and 4. as aj said, it helps just to write it down!
Zero

Postby fiona » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:22 pm

Hi Girls~~I haven't posted in awhile.got a new dog and she keeps me so busy. Oh..those bad days, they come more and more with peri..right? Today I feel like I am in slow motion..do you girls feel that way at times? Around 1 pm today, the fatigue hit me like a ton of bricks!! It came out of nowhere and then the crying started. I have no reason to be crying! I hate this..but it does help to read your posts and know we all have such similar symptoms, we'll all get through this. I like the shopping idea..and the chocolate!!!!!
Being listened to is so close to being loved that most people cannot tell the difference
~David Oxberg~
fiona
Combustible

Postby hotpatootie » Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:46 am

[quote="fiona"]Hi Girls~~I haven't posted in awhile.got a new dog and she keeps me so busy.

Hi, what kind of dog did you get? that should help perk you up. I have a Scotty and sometimes on a crappy day she is the only thing that can bring a smile to my face. :roll:

Debbie
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Postby Zero » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:27 am

hotpatootie wrote: sometimes on a crappy day she is the only thing that can bring a smile to my face. :roll: Debbie

Don't you mean she and a Minnie Pauz cartoon are the only thing that can bring a smile to your face? hehehehe :lol:
Zero

Postby fiona » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:58 am

Hi Hotpatootie~~Scotties are so cute!! I guess I should have adopted a small dog..but my doggie is a black and tan hound..she was so adorable at the adoption center that I fell in love, that was july 4th..now shes 5 months old and 50 lbs already!!!! I love her so much but what a handful. I walk her as we live along a busy highway ( or lets just say she walks me..lol!!) She is a great companion..animals give love like nothing else can. Enjoy your precious scottie!!! ~~Hugs~~
Being listened to is so close to being loved that most people cannot tell the difference
~David Oxberg~
fiona
Combustible

Quick Reply

Next

Return to Menopause