new to you and this menopause thing.......

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

new to you and this menopause thing.......

Postby StellaAngelic » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:30 pm

Hello all - writes a desperate sad old bint from England..........
I'm 46 and 2 + weeks late for my period and equipt with a horrible realisation of peri-menopause. Thinking back, have been having odd symptoms for the last year and a half. Plagued by burning mouth syndrome, dreadful leg pains, moods swinging about more than Tarzan in a stress and v. latterly periods not arriving specificly to order (but never this late.
Am guessing I'm right here - my GP made it clear 12 months ago when I broached the subject that she (yes, SHE) felt 'women make too much fuss over this' (and no, she wasn't defending herself against a serial hyocondriac, aside from when pregnant I've visited the same surgery c once every 2 years for the last 20) . See, defensive paranoia - typical peri-menopausal stuff!!
My thing currently is loss of breast structure and enormous bloat - all in the last month. And now constipation too - always been regular in that department now that's *expletive* too.
This is all *another expletive* - after years of thinking my body was disgusting (anorexia/bulimia - stemming from sexual abuse as a child) I finally could look in the mirror and accept myself as ok - now this. For that brief time I so enjoyed feeling attractive as a woman.
Ok - I'm clearly a fun person to have on this board (eccentric English humour - or some mad old bint - you choose!)
take care and thanks for reading this

angie x
StellaAngelic

Postby Sandykins » Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:09 pm

Welcome Stella!! I have been going through some of the same things the past few years. I, for one, have been learning to enjoy English humor, since moving to Sweden 4 years ago. I have really been exposed to much more of it here than I was in the States.

Sandy, American in Sweden
If you judge people, you have no time to love them." - Mother Theresa
Sandykins
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause