Funny Meno-moments

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Funny Meno-moments

Postby Tracy » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:15 am

I find laughter has always been the best medicine for me and I thought it would be good for us all to share some of our funny menopause related stories. I have a couple recent ones.
Well, just now I went to reply to Debbie on another thread and when the reply box opened up, I couldn't remember Debbie's name or what the topic was. I had to use the back button to reread the post I had just read seconds earlier. Geez.
And last week at work, my boss realized that there was a problem with one of our 4 phone lines. She asked me to dial line 2 which has it's own number but roll's over to the main line. I dialed the number and when it began to ring, I asked her if I should answer it. She just stared at me in disbelief.
Two weeks ago, I had something to return to Marshalls. I stood in line for the only customer service clerk for 10 minutes slightly annoyed, thinking that I would be much more efficient at her job. When I finally reached the counter for my turn, she looked at my receipt and said this is TJ Maxx. Of course I was mortified as the line behind me had grown to 7 or 8 more people. I just took my bag and left. I had to cut through all of those folks because it was the only way out. Then I got out to the car and didn't have my keys. I had to excuse my way all the way to the front of the line to look for my keys on the counter. They weren't there. I went back to the car and found my keys in my purse.

My sister and I call these "Mom" moments and have to call each other long distance any time we have one. I didn't know until now that it had anything to do with Menopause. Please share some of yours. I could use a good laugh.
43 newly diagnosed as menopausal
Tracy
Warm Pauzer

Postby Zero » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:32 am

Tracy, have I got good news for you!! :P When you click on reply, if you scroll down below where you will be typing your message, you can see a copy of the message (with the name) you are replying to! I was SO happy to see that because I was having to do the same thing you mentioned! :roll:

Also, if you haven't seen the "Minnie Moments" page, you've got to see it! You'll love it! Makes me laugh everytime! http://www.minniepauz.com/minniemoments.html

Great idea for the board! I didn't have the message board yet when I asked women for their funny stories, so thanks for starting this thread. :)
Zero

Postby debkay » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:00 am

My "thing" at the moment, seems to be asking the same question, over and over again.

I can sit at the dinner table with the family and the same question or statement will come out of my mouth 2 or 3 times in the span of 10 minutes. I know I do this by the stunned look on the face of my kids and husband.

My response to them, "just answer the darn question again, I obviously don't remember asking it, so I sure don't remember your answer." :roll:

Debbie
debkay

Postby Zero » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:24 am

My response to them, "just answer the darn question again, I obviously don't remember asking it, so I sure don't remember your answer."

Hahahahah!!! That's a great answer Debbie!!! I love it! :)
Zero

Thanks for sharing

Postby Grace Gorman » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:14 am

Thanks for sharing because sometimes I think I am loosing my mind. I forget things that I never use to. My memory was one of my greatests assets. Today I realized I made a mistake on the dates of a meeting. I got dressed, went down to the restaurant for breakfast, and ran into one of the other engineers. For some reason I got it in my mind that the meeting was today, when it is actually tomorrow. It wouldn't be so bad mixing up the dates of a meeting except that I had to travel from FL to St. Louis for the meeting, and now I need to change the reservations and stay a day longer in St. Louis. My job is stressful and I know that doesn't help when going through menopause. The upside is I will get a lot more work done here, then I would in the office, and I will have time to workout.
Grace Gorman

Postby Tracy » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:57 pm

Grace, that's too funny. Good thing you flew yourself to the right city.

Yesterday my husband asked me what the sauce was on the chicken I prepared. I said just a very simple sauce of white wine, capers and chicken droppings. Of course I meant drippings from the pan. Glad he wasn't company. :lol:
Tracy
Warm Pauzer

Postby Zero » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:03 am

Oh my!! Both of you gave me a good laugh with your "Minnie Moments"!! But I've got to tell you, "chicken droppings" made me spew my coffee all over the place!! hahahahah :lol:

With your permission, I'd like to put both stories on this page: http://www.minniepauz.com/minniemoments.html
Zero

Postby biocce » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:05 am

Yes!! My kids think i'm nuts, my SO thinks i have the memory of a gnat. I ask them something and ten minutes later i ask again and they give me attitude. SO i tell them to deal, if i remembered the answer i'd not be asking again.

What's worse is when I got to do a literature search and i can't remember what i was looking up!

I was trying to take graduate classes but my brain kept shutting down just at that critical light bulb moment. I decided that maybe i'd find my mind again later on instead of wasting my money trying to find my memory. I'm pretty lucky, my boss has been there already, so when i tell her i have no brain she laughs at me and tells me my brain is fine. Gads, i used to be so smart! :roll:
biocce
On Fire!

Postby mfrompa » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:24 pm

:roll: me too, smart I mean..handle muti-tasking, hand eye coordination, listen to two people at the same time and understand both...on and on...started to go about 10 years ago, and has worsened, until, one day, recently I was looking for my glasses and I was wearing them...I looked for at least 5 minutes everywhere, and the topper is I am NEARSIGHTED and have worn glasses to see ever since I was 12...what's up with that? :roll:

one day I woke up and asked my Chuck what day it was...he told me...and I said it is not!, and he said it is too! and I said prove it...so he turned on the computer and then the tv and finally convinced me that it was the day he said it was...It was a Thursday by the way....30 minutes later after all this, I asked him what day it was, and he looked at me and just shook his head..I went all that day..thinking it was Wednesday no matter what...
help :roll:
I can't ever remember how old my children are, I keep going back to the year they were born, and subtracting.Sometimes that doesn't work either 'cause I can't remember what year it is, and have to check the calendar on my computer..., and when I was out and about it used to be my trusty checkbook calendar :roll:

uh, I forgot all the stories, that I was going to tell when I started this post, oh well :lol: better to laugh then to cry...but..help!!!!! :lol:
your friend in foggy land,
marcia
My goal is to accept the things I cannot change, with serenity, and the wisdom to know the difference.
mfrompa
Combustible

Postby Tracy » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:09 pm

minniepz wrote:Oh my!! Both of you gave me a good laugh with your "Minnie Moments"!! But I've got to tell you, "chicken droppings" made me spew my coffee all over the place!! hahahahah :lol:

With your permission, I'd like to put both stories on this page: http://www.minniepauz.com/minniemoments.html

That would be fine with me. I hope it makes people laugh. I giggle every time I think of it. :lol:
Tracy
Warm Pauzer

Postby scottie » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:37 am

My dd was explaining something to my dh and myself. I asked her a question that she apparently answered. A few minutes later I asked the same question. My dd and my dh just stared at me and my dd said, "You just asked me that." I couldn't remember asking it the first time. :?

Has anyone ever taken off in the car with a destination in mind, found that they arrived at that destination with no memory as to how they got there? In other words, getting there on auto pilot? Scary! :shock:

scottie
scottie

Postby mfrompa » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:25 pm

:shock: Yes, yes I have, but, you know, I don't think that is necessarily a meno thing...I think, that is everyone now a days, so much on everyones mind, they don't pay attention behind the wheel, I think, that every time we do get behind the wheel, we should be cognitive(aware) of the responsibility that calls for, and just for the record, I don't drive anymore, many reasons, I can barely function in the house let alone behind the wheel, I suppose if something should happen to Chuck who always does the driving now, that in an emergency I might try to drive again. But, I would be a menace to society and to myself. ha..sort of..

Anyway, I take comfort in the fact that I am a fountain of useless information, and it is going to take a long time to forget it all. :wink:
btw, in another post Biocce mentioned taking something called Adereset, which helps the brain and memory cells, I did some reading on it after googling it, and in some cases it was known to restore, the brain, to normal..Wow, wouldn't that be a miracle.!
anyway, scottie, we are definitely not alone anymore on this website...and at least laughing about our shortcomings, is very good medicine..
hang in there hon,
marcia
My goal is to accept the things I cannot change, with serenity, and the wisdom to know the difference.
mfrompa
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause