Hot Flashes Again!

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Hot Flashes Again!

Postby scottie » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:50 pm

My hot flashes had gradually reduced and it's been very bearable. However, in the past few months I've been experiencing night sweats more frequently. I wake up during the night feeling like I'm going to combust and I'm soaked with perspiration. I've also noticed hot flashes recurring (although not as often as before). Anyone else in my boat?
scottie

Re: Hot Flashes Again!

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:44 am

Mine come and go in phases. At first I was sweating bucketloads but then it reduced and I would just get hot moments that would quickly pass. Then they disappeared. Well, I thought, this menopause lark is a breeze! I take it all back ... suddenly I find myself throwing off the bed covers and drenched in perspiration as dear Mr. Gorgeous huddles further under the covers and asks if I have gone bloody mad as it is freezing outside! Two minutes later, I am under the duvet again as my temperature returns to normal then, half an hour later, WHOOSH! Up goes the heat, off go the covers and Mr. Gorgeous asks if I could possibly go and sit in the fridge as he wants to get some sleep and if it's not my snoring keeping him awake then it's all this duvet-flapping and great sighs of heat exhaustion!
There's no pattern in this. I know that one glass of wine can bring on a flush and I'm not as tolerant of alcohol and spicy foods as I was. Last night I went out for a curry and a glass of wine and boy-oh-boy did my body thermostat complain in the night. It comes and it goes and I can go weeks without a flush and then have a heatwave that makes me feel like my blood is boiling.
So you're not alone. Sorry, but I don't know what the solution is. But at least you know you're in good company!!
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:38 am

I think what I finally realized is that once we start the "change", we keep on changing and changing and changing. So it's not like changing your outfit for the day and it stays that way until you decide to change clothes again :) It's like some invisible force (of nature) that keeps changing us on the inside and creating a different group of symptoms, as well as a different LEVEL of the symptoms (therefore the different intensities and the coming and going of hot flashes).

The best advice for a "solution" I can offer is to be prepared for more changes and learn to adjust to the ups and downs of the whole process. I just turned 61 yesterday and I STILL call myself a menopausal woman. (Much of it can now be blamed on AGE!)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby michuganna » Thu May 07, 2009 12:10 am

minniepauz wrote:I think what I finally realized is that once we start the "change", we keep on changing and changing and changing. So it's not like changing your outfit for the day and it stays that way until you decide to change clothes again :) It's like some invisible force (of nature) that keeps changing us on the inside and creating a different group of symptoms, as well as a different LEVEL of the symptoms (therefore the different intensities and the coming and going of hot flashes).

The best advice for a "solution" I can offer is to be prepared for more changes and learn to adjust to the ups and downs of the whole process. I just turned 61 yesterday and I STILL call myself a menopausal woman. (Much of it can now be blamed on AGE!)

Just wanted to say happy belated birthday!!
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home..."

Sometimes I think my train of thought has derailed....
michuganna
On Fire!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause