Sugar and/or salt problems?

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Sugar and/or salt problems?

Postby aj » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:47 am

Good morning! Does anyone experience problems like jitteryness, insomnia, etc when they consume too much sugar or salt? My diet this past weekend was not one I'm proud of. We literally veg'd in front of the tv on Friday night, Saturday we ate fast food since we were shopping all day and yesterday we ate probably a few too many sweets. Since then I feel like my body is running a marathon, I've had no sleep (couldn't get to sleep last night) and when I do relax to sleep my heart or some sort of electrical surge (?) jolts me awake. It's driving me crazy!!! Just curious...
aj
Combustible

Postby purple haze » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:34 pm

What a fun weekend.
I've had the sugar problem before.
Where I get a good sugar high and sometimes it can cause sleep problems.
purple is my color,
a hippie mama to a hippie mama
granny nanny to 4
purple haze
One HOT Woman!

Postby aj » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:45 pm

Hi there! It must be a sugar high, then. My pulse is like 90 something. PLUS- I had a ton of salt/sodium if you figure in all the junk food and fast food. I think I'm getting more salt-sensitive as I age. Geez...when will I learn? It was a fun weekend. We were all together for once. Ever since our son was probably 6 years old we have had Friday Family night. We rent movies, make a ton of finger foods (no utensils allowed) and pig out . When he was younger we would drag our sleeping bags out and just crash on the floor after the movies ended...or when we all fell asleep. (Whichever came first!). I miss those days. Guess I'll go for a walk and see if I can get some of this out of my system! Thanks!
aj
Combustible

Postby purple haze » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:46 pm

What a fun thing to do together,

Camping out in the house.
purple is my color,
a hippie mama to a hippie mama
granny nanny to 4
purple haze
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause