help 39 and scared

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

help 39 and scared

Postby RuthP » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:48 pm

Now I am really nervous,,, am I peri or in menopause.... after reading some of the postings... I have realized that I have had alot of the symptoms mentioned for 1 year now... the anxiety attacks (two) night sweats ( I thought I had TB lol) palpitations, dry scalp... mood swings (which have become alot better now) unexplained dizziness at times. At that time I was only 38, and ofcourse, I thought I was too young.. the :( unpredictable periods (twice a month) raised a flag..Now I am thinking, perhaps I am not too young to be experiencing this....
RuthP

Postby Zero » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:00 am

Hi RuthP....welcome to to our little corner of the world! :) If you are still having periods, you would not be considered to be "in menopause"....that actually comes after you haven't had a period for 12 mo. in a row. So it's not that you've had the SYMPTOMS for a year that determines whether you're peri or not.....I started my symptoms at 38 also and my period completely stopped at 40 or 41. I've never had another one since (I'm 56 now), but I still deal with a few of the symptoms.

I know....it's a long and confusing road ahead of you, but now that you're aware that things are changing, your best bet is to read everything you can and join support groups like this one where you can get your info from women who have gone through the same things. We also have experts who can help you understand your particular situation, but you have to post in the Ask the Professional section.

Don't get too stressed....keep your sense of humor, because stressing can make things seem so much worse!!
Zero

Postby RuthP » Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:09 pm

thanks for your reply Dee... My next step is a blood test.. see how those hormones are doing...
RuthP

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause