Could I have some advice please?

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Could I have some advice please?

Postby michelilow » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:30 am

Hi,
I had what I assumed to have been my last full period in Aug 2009. I started with the hot flashes & a few night sweats in the middle of last year & they were constant up until about 7 weeks ago & then I suddenly started up with the usual weird sensations I used to get in my head when my body was trying to ovulate. This lasted for nearly two weeks. Then my breasts became tender again & then low & behold I started having a heavy yellowy to brownish coloured discharge, which I have taken to mean some sort of period, which has lasted nearly two & a half weeks. :roll: I had this before at this time last year & had it checked out incase it was some sort of infection but everything turned out ok. Is this the same thing again because my body refuses to accept that I am in the menopause? I forgot to mention that I have started up with the dizzy spells, electric shock type sensations in my head & the headaches again. Plus my IBS hasn't been good either! I thought things were supposed to get better? LOL! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks Michele
B.M. fan & proud of it!
michelilow
On Fire!

Re: Could I have some advice please?

Postby minniepauz » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:03 am

michelilow wrote:Hi,
I had what I assumed to have been my last full period in Aug 2009. I started with the hot flashes & a few night sweats in the middle of last year & they were constant up until about 7 weeks ago & then I suddenly started up with the usual weird sensations I used to get in my head when my body was trying to ovulate. This lasted for nearly two weeks. Then my breasts became tender again & then low & behold I started having a heavy yellowy to brownish coloured discharge, which I have taken to mean some sort of period, which has lasted nearly two & a half weeks. :roll: I had this before at this time last year & had it checked out incase it was some sort of infection but everything turned out ok. Is this the same thing again because my body refuses to accept that I am in the menopause? I forgot to mention that I have started up with the dizzy spells, electric shock type sensations in my head & the headaches again. Plus my IBS hasn't been good either! I thought things were supposed to get better? LOL! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks Michele

You didn't mention how old you are, but it sounds like your body is making one last stand before completely "pausing". It would be a good idea to have a check up because there could be other things going on. This kind of discharge is common, but 2 years later is a bit out of the norm. Let us know how it turns out!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby michelilow » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:48 am

Hi, thanks for the reply, I turned 48 last Dec. Oh well, another trip to the GP I suppose is on the cards.
I have enough to worry about right now :? , as my daughter who was diagnosed with cancer three & a half years ago & in remission, has got to go for another scan, as something sinister has shown up again yesterday.
Why is is that things never happen one at a time? Found out today that one of my work collegues has got breast cancer. :( What a week!!!!!
B.M. fan & proud of it!
michelilow
On Fire!

Postby minniepauz » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:55 pm

michelilow wrote:Hi, thanks for the reply, I turned 48 last Dec. Oh well, another trip to the GP I suppose is on the cards.
I have enough to worry about right now :? , as my daughter who was diagnosed with cancer three & a half years ago & in remission, has got to go for another scan, as something sinister has shown up again yesterday.
Why is is that things never happen one at a time? Found out today that one of my work collegues has got breast cancer. :( What a week!!!!!

Damn....I'll pray that the scan brings good results! It's very possible that stress has created some disturbance in your body too. Sounds like you've been through a lot! Hang in there and keep us informed!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause