Really, really bad days. I cry all the time

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Really, really bad days. I cry all the time

Postby tonita » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:37 am

Hello everyone. I guess I have just got the slap in the face that I am in peri. For the last few years my periods have been heavy and clotty, never thought much about it. Last month I was a week late and then 3 weeks later I get it again, this time it has been 12 days of light bleeding. Also, my stomach is in knots and my anxiety is raging full force. I cry constantly, can't sleep, can't eat, have all the signs and syptoms of depression. Went to my doctor yesterday and she gave me low dose birthcontrol to regulate me and to give me an estrogen boost, also Zoloft. I know these will take awhile to work and in the meantime I am simply miserable. Can anyone offer some advice? I also had blood work done yesterday and made an appt with my primary today cuz I can't believe this is all hormonal related. HELP ME!!
tonita
Warm Pauzer

Postby Zero » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:32 am

Bless your heart, Tonita!! You're actually doing a fantastic job in recognizing what's going on, sharing your frustration with other women, getting your doctors involved in the process and being able to verbalize your symptoms to them is a big help... you're ON TOP OF IT, Girl!! :)

Now you just need to believe in yourself and understand that this process is going to take awhile.

Make sure that your expectations are realistic...for example: Don't expect that your menopausal experience is going to be a breeze, but DO expect that you are going to maintain a positive attitude for as long as it takes.

So glad you found us and I look forward to hearing what your test results are. More than likely it's just going to verify what you already know....that you're starting to CHANGE! :) You're not alone and we'll be here when you need a little boost, ok?
Zero

Postby purple haze » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:49 pm

Sounds like you're doing a good job of caring for yourself already.
Many of us have felt the way you are. It seems like our own little hell. You'll do OK.
purple is my color,
a hippie mama to a hippie mama
granny nanny to 4
purple haze
One HOT Woman!

went to the doctor

Postby tonita » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:01 am

well, I saw my primary yesterday and he feels it may be something with my edrenal gland :cry: My blood work came back normal, so thyroid is out. He is also testng the fsh to see if it is menopausal. I had more blood tests and am doing a 24 hr urine collection. He put me on ativan, which is working wonders :D I can eat, slept wonderfully and no longer feel like I am in a tunnel. This is really wierd and scary. Thanks so much for all of your support. I'll let you know how the test results come out.
tonita
Warm Pauzer

Postby silenagig » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:05 pm

For what it's worth, I had my bloodwork done and got the results last Weds. Started my bioidentical hormones and wow...what a diff. I'd been on zoloft for years for PMS related mood swings. Now that I'm perimenopausal, and have the other stupid stuff to go with them, I decided to do something about it. I am on Estrasorb cream, one package a day, and 200 mg of Prometrium.

Ladies, I slept all night long for the first time in years both Friday and Saturday night; I actually wore a sweatshirt on Sat. Up till then, I'd been wearing summer clothes while everyone else was wearing sweaters.

I wish I had known about this stuff a long time ago. But at least I've got it now. Hope this helps someone else.

Oh, I don't take the zoloft anymore, either.
silenagig

Postby tonita » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:32 pm

Well, got all my blood work back today. Sure looks like I am entering the world of perimenopause. I am feeling better, but not perfect. Still kind of foggy.
Today was the first day I have been actually hungry. I really don't like this at all.
Doctor increased zoloft to 100mg, 50 in the am and 50 in the pm. Hope that helps.
tonita
Warm Pauzer

Postby Zero » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:09 pm

It DOES help to know there's a logical reason for how you're feeling, doesn't it? Just remember, there's no way to get through this process quickly (unless you're just downright super lucky), so prepare yourself for the long haul and appreciate the days you feel good and keep educating yourself and keep trying to find a balance. Treat yourself good and insist that your doctors help you and LISTEN to you.
Zero

Postby tonita » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:47 am

Is there somewhere I can call to talk to a live person at all? A hotline of sorts. I see you have a live chat, are there specific times that people will be there? Sometimes I need that instant feedback and I hate to keep bothering my friends and husband. I'm afraid they will just get sick and tired of me. So far I am having a good morning and that scares me too since I don't know how long it will really last. :cry:
tonita
Warm Pauzer

Postby Zero » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:33 am

Tonita...hon, you need to stop thinking that everyone is going to get tired of you complaining....you KNOW you don't feel right and sometimes you have to be the "squeaky wheel" to get people to pay attention. You're getting in a negative rut though, especially when you can't even enjoy feeling good because you "don't know how long it will last"!!! Try, try, try to concentrate on the "feeling good" part and you will be surprised at how long it lasts!! :) The moment you realize you're getting worried or anxious, say to yourself "wow! it feels good to feel good" or "I'm really going to make the most of how I feel right now" or even just repeat this over and over: "I'm feeling good...I'm having a good day". Our thoughts create our reality and by repeating positive phrases (affirmations), you will create what you think about and you WILL feel good!

Unfortunately, there aren't any real "hotlines" for menopause sufferers, but there are some women who do menopause counseling for a fee, such as this one: http://www.counselingwomantowoman.com/howitworks1.html

You also might want to check with the hospitals in your area because most have created menopause clinics, support groups and seminars and they may have just the kind of hotline you're talking about.

Regarding the live chats here...I'm still trying to find the time (and figure out the technology) to schedule a live chat (possibly with Dr. Judy). I will certainly let everyone know.

just try to stay in touch and use every resource available to keep yourself feeling good, both mentally and physically!
Zero

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause