guest article of the month

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

guest article of the month

Postby digregg » Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:34 pm

I’ve been wondering for ages if i am pre - :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: in, or the other side of the menopause because I havnt had the horrendous symptoms everyone else seems to have. after reading your article I’m still not sure what stage I’m at but am so relieved that I havn’t turned into this uncaring person who hates the telephone & doesn’t answer any ones messages, especially when they are good friends. I also spend any free time I have on the settee with no feeling of wanting to do anything else but am then riddled with guilt that I have wasted the time. I thought I had become a different person but couldn’t understand why when I have always been so active & happy. I also change from being my usual happy silly self , into the wicked witch – a nickname I have given to myself. Thank you for making me feel better about these things. I too hope to get back to being me – SOON.
Di Gregg

Laugh and the whole world will laugh with you. Cry and the minniepauzers will send you hugs !!!
digregg
On Fire!

Welcome Di!!!!

Postby Zero » Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:54 pm

I've become the same person!! There are millions of us changing out there so don't feel alone, ok? I've become the perfect couch potatoe and I'm starting to LIKE it!! hahahah.... well, not really all the time, but I'm letting go of a lot of the guilt and just trying to go with the moment. Maybe you're not giving yourself something that you need elsewhere in your life? A weird concept, but think on it awhile. What are you not doing that you think you should be doing? Maybe it's not really that important and you shouldn't waste time feeling guilty.....instead, try to REALLY enjoy sitting on the couch!

Hey, I live by myself so I don't have to answer to anyone but myself, and I STILL do the guilt trip on myself. :) It takes practice, but you can do it!!

Glad you're here and I look forward to reading more of your posts! Which guest article was it that you mentioned?

Zero

Postby digregg » Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:03 pm

ooops, didnt realise all atricles say if you havnt got it..... i think the article was written by lynn maybe lynn chandler. but am not sure. minniepauz.com/lynn.html was printed at the bottom
Di Gregg

Laugh and the whole world will laugh with you. Cry and the minniepauzers will send you hugs !!!
digregg
On Fire!

WOW!

Postby foxferous » Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:15 pm

Here i am feeling so weepy...melancholy. I am normally a very smiley happy person.Now the moods and depression. You mentioned "couch potato" and the "guilt". I feel guilty so often which just isn't like me but I know I should be more active. Thanks for sharing. It really is nice to know I am not alone!!
foxferous
Warm Pauzer

Postby Zero » Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:15 pm

Foxferous..... you might want to try St. John's Wort to help with the weepy, depressed feelings. It doesn't work for everyone, but I found it to be very helpful. I had taken anti-depressants for 5 years for clinical depression, but don't really love taking drugs, so when I stopped, if I started noticing that my moods were slipping (usually for more than 2 or 3 days), I would take the St. John's Wort for a few days and noticed a definite difference. Of course, I work very hard on positive thinking and finding inspiration each day too....that never hurt anybody, right?

My best advice is to read, read, read.... once you know that what you're feeling is shared by many, many women (some younger than you), there's a great weight lifted and you can go about finding solutions to the problem.

Please read what other women have written (and even what I have written) on the boards and on the website (http://www.minniepauz.com) There's funny stuff and heartfelt stories....all will give you a sense of peace and the knowledge that you CAN make this easier and you don't have to do it alone. Here's a very good article written by one of my subscribers. It's long but we can all relate: http://www.minniepauz.com/lynnstart.html
Zero

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause