menapause and our bones

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

menapause and our bones

Postby kryinkeri » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:21 am

Good Day...
I would like to post about our bones. I know after menopause bone health is important and I am wondering if any ladies are on medication like flomax or any others to keep bone health and avoid the usual loss of bone mass and "shrinking" that comes with this time of our lives. Personally I am lactose intolerant and do take a calium supplement daily but have lost over an inch in my height.
kryinkeri

Postby Zero » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:27 pm

I'm kind of worried about osteoporosis myself and do take calcium supplements, plus milk and certain veggies that have more calcium. I've been post menopausal for about 14 years and have not taken any estrogen, plus I smoke so I'm even more at risk..... I know, I know....I swear I'm trying to quit! Will be going to see an accupuncturist after the holidays!

I'm not sure if I've shrunk or not. I really should find out what my bone density is to see if I need to get on some kind of medication.

I'm going to move this to the "Menopause Discussion" section so more women can find it! Welcome to our funny little world! :)
Zero

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause