They're still at it...

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

They're still at it...

Postby Zero » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:55 am

First there were reports saying memory loss had nothing to do with menopause and now it's your libido. I'm sure this will make the companies who have developed new drugs for this very happy (NOT).

What I don't understand is, if it's not related to hormonal problems during the menopausal years, wouldn't more women have libido problems BEFORE? Many of us have even less "life stresses" once we reach middle-age because we are more mature and handle things better and understand where are priorities are. I don't know, this theory just seems backwards to me:

CLEVELAND, Nov. 17, 2004--Sexual desire in midlife women is affected more by life stresses, quality of their relationship with their sexual partner, personality factors, and mental health than by any hormonal changes related to menopause, according to an article presented in a special issue of the November/December issue of Menopause, the official journal of The North American Menopause Society (NAMS).

What do you think, Judy?
Zero

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause