The other side?

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

The other side?

Postby Kay » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:37 pm

I would really like to hear from someone who made it through. In particular, do the aches and pains go away? I have never been so debilitated by pain in my life. The only good thing I can say is that the pain moves from place to place - hips were the problem, then headaches, now shoulders. And the general aches as well.

Anyone out there who can encourage?
Kay

post pauzer

Postby kittycat » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:58 am

I would too!! I am also very achey esp in the am and have never been this way before until pauzing. Estrogen has not helped with aches like I thought it would. I wonder what causes them? I have heard that estrogen is in our muscles but I'm not sure how all of the hormone things work. Maybe if we had lots of estrogen it would help? Just wondering! :P
Perimenopause symptoms: mild s/s since 2000 major s/s May 2004. On Yasmin BCP, have ovarian cyst on right 3 cm with intermitent pain.
Possible lap in Jan if pain does not go away. :0)
kittycat

Postby Zero » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:54 pm

Well, I've been post-menopausal for 15 years, so I can guarantee that you will live through it. :) In lots of ways, life IS better after menopause. In other ways, not so great, but most of the problems are due to a combination of menopause and just getting older. (I'm 56 1/2)

If you lived a healthy lifestyle throughout your 30's and 40's, you probably will have an easier time getting through menopause, but I highly recommend that EVERYONE be as realistic and accepting of things you cannot change because I believe at least 50% of your experience has to do with attitude!

I don't have a big problem with hot flashes any more, but now I have the insomnia to deal with. I think my mood swings might be more frequent now, but I'm single so there's no one to tell me how bad they are! :) I love not having periods, but DON'T love the "leaking" problem after going to the bathroom. I just decided this week to start wearing panty liners again since having a bad cough all week has made me realize this is probably not going away!

So basically, we just have to deal with each symptom the best we can and appreciate what we DON'T have to deal with. We have to take better care of ourselves (mentally AND physically) and make the most out of our lives from this point on....use all the experience and wisdom we've gained and maintain a positive outlook!
Zero

Postby Pez » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:33 am

When do you know when you've reached 'the other side'?

Do you ever get normal again? What is normal? LOL

Who am I?

:wink:
Pez

Postby purple haze » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:37 am

You get to the other side after a year of no periods.
Yes you will feel better maybe no right away but, down the road 6 mths or so.
Normal...what is that?
purple is my color,
a hippie mama to a hippie mama
granny nanny to 4
purple haze
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause