hot then cold

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

hot then cold

Postby judi » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:02 am

Hi Everyone,
I just started having hot flashes. I'm really hoping I'm near the end of this stage of my life. It seems every month there is a new symptom. I think I've had EVERY symptom of menopause there is and I feel like if I don't change over soon, I'm going to be inventing new ones. My question to you is this....do any of you get a hot flash and right after it get the chills? I go from being so hot that I want my clothes off to being so cold that I'm putting on 2 sweatshirts and a blanket and then I get so hot it all comes back off. All in a matter of minutes. Then I get a reprieve for awhile. Is this normal or am I lacking something in my diet? Thanks, Judi[/b]
judi
Warm Pauzer

hot/cold

Postby kittycat » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:52 am

Yes! I do the same thing. Especially at night I love to have the covers up to my neck then I get hot then have a chill and cover up with more blankets then get too hot etc.....I have even had to get up and get a hot bath to get my temp. back to normal. Crazy isn't it!!Also very annoying and makes life a little more difficult. I have learned to wear a short sleeve cotton shirt and a light cover up jacket and to also bring a heavy coat and blanket in the car where ever I go. I have been known to stick my head in the freezer......it will cool you off quick! :D
Perimenopause symptoms: mild s/s since 2000 major s/s May 2004. On Yasmin BCP, have ovarian cyst on right 3 cm with intermitent pain.
Possible lap in Jan if pain does not go away. :0)
kittycat

Postby Zero » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:37 pm

Very normal, Judi..... in fact, if you put "cold chills" into the search feature (at the top of the page), you will get a list of all the posts that mention the exact same thing.

It's amazing how our bodies all respond differently to the lowering estrogen levels, but the overall experience is the same.... :roll:
Zero

hot then cold

Postby judi » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:19 pm

Thanks to both of you, at least I know I'm ok. At first I thought I had the flu. After two weeks of this, I'm beginning to wish it was the flu, way easier to deal with. I have this little battery operated fan that I have been carrying around. You cannot believe how many men have picked it up, looked at it and laughed. I just stand there and visualize the little fan sticking out of their nose.
Also, I have started taking 400 iu's of vitamin E, two days ago. I've been taking estrovan but it didn't seem to be quite enough. Since I have started the vitamin E, my hot flashes decreased drastically. Now they only wake me up at night about 3 or 4 times. I'm hoping that gets better as time goes by but I'm already happy with the difference.
Good luck to everyone going through this phase of life, it's not a bed of roses but I guess things can always be worse. Thank goodness for this site, the humor and support from everyone sure makes this trip a whole lot easier.
Merry Christmas, Judi
judi
Warm Pauzer

Postby scottie » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:53 am

I had to laugh, kittycat. I've stuck my head in the freezer, too, but we have one of those refrigerators with the freezer on the bottom, so it's a little inconvenient. :lol:
scottie

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause