Why am I angry?

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Why am I angry?

Postby kiwigirl » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:25 am

Well the blood tests came back today and it's official I have passed through Menopause at the ripe old age of 44.
Apparently this is Early menopause.

I already knew what it was. Knew that I had been perimenopausal. No sign of my period for 13 months now.
Why then am I now so angry?

I have 5 daughters, 3 grandchildren (4th due in 2 weeks).
My eldest is 26 and my youngest is 8.
I had my tubes tied 7 years ago, so I don't understand, why am I only today getting into such a rage and depression about something that happens to us all eventually. It's natural, not preventable, so I should just get past it and get on with things same as I have always done.

I have no idea. I would however like to crawl away into a dark hole and cry for the next few days. Will I feel better? Hell I hope so.

I have just read what I have typed. Talk about wollowing in it.
Did anyone else feel like this?
I can't be the only one. :cry:

[/b]
kiwigirl

Anger

Postby dcamp » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:09 am

Hey Kiwi,

I can understand how you are feeling. First of all, I think the hormonal swing can wreak havoc with our emotions. That's probably exacerbating your feelings of despair and anger. Secondly, the "m" word denotes old, whether you are or not. Society has an uncanny way of labeling phases of our lives. I personally resent being referred to as a "senior citizen" at the ripe old age of 52. I too have 5 children. Two of them are still in high school. I work full time, coach my 14 year old dtr's soccer team, shovel snow, cut grass, go to the gym regularly and keep a reasonably well-run house. I am no where near being a senior. Our society is so youth-oriented that a menopausal woman is considered yesterday's news. That's probably why you feel so angry. You were'nt ready for this, but it happened anyway. My trick is to perceive myself as young, and present myself as young. I have friends who bemoan the fact that they are getting older and complain about what they aren't able to do anymore. If you present yourself as over-the-hill, then that's what other's see. Do whatever you want----act any way you want. Be young---be happy. 44 isn't 64-------52 isn't 72. Heck I got carded at the store last week while buying wine. Of course the clerk was at least 90 and couldn't find her glasses!!! I'm going roller-blading this afternoon. Just hope I don't fall and scrape my knees. Then my mini skirt will look tacky on Christmas--(just kidding). Have a great day----pop in some CD's and dance around the kitchen.
dcamp

Postby Zero » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:40 am

Thanks, Donna, for what you posted to Kiwigirl.....very nice!

Kiwigirl....you're certainly not alone with your feelings and it's understandable that you would feel angry and frustrated and out-of-sync with the way things are going. At least you had some idea of what was happening....my periods stopped at 41 and the hot flashes started and I didn't have a clue what was going on. That was 15 years ago and no one was talking about it, I didn't have a computer and never even went to a doctor. It wasn't until about 8 years ago when I started Minnie Pauz that I finally figured out that I had gone through early menopause.

My solution has been to find the humor in all this and share it with as many women as possible. That seems to be the overall best "treatment" and tends to keep us all connected through a common bond...our crazy hormones!! I hope you will find some kind of comfort in knowing that so many of us truly understand your feelings and are willing to allow each other to rant and be angry at times, share our personal stories and to lift each other's spirit whenever possible!

I hope you've seen the cartoons and the Minnie Moments page on the site. I dare anyone not to get a good laugh and ultimately, feel better!!
Zero

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause