"Aunt Flo"

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

"Aunt Flo"

Postby Boudicca123 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:10 pm

:twisted: Oh boy she is really getting messed up now! I was going on a 21 day cycle, and yesterday I started again, and I just got done a week ago. And she isn't being nice at all. My next doctor appointment is January 8th, I wonder if I should wait till then or make another, and go before that? eeny meeny miney moe. But on a possitive note no seizures, My last one was October 8th.
Everybody ready for some turkey? I sure am!

Have fun.
Brenda
Boudicca123
Warm Pauzer

Postby Zero » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:53 am

That's great news about the seizures, Brenda!!! Do you think it's the medication you've been taking? (or could this be one of the blessings of menopause and hormonal changes?)

The fluctuating periods are probably the most definite and most common sign that you're entering into peri-menopause, but it's always a good idea to discuss your particular situation with your doctor (for those who have good insurance or the means to pay for a visit). Since you have an appt. in January, maybe just a phone call to the doctor would be enough to assure you that everything is going as it should. Either way, it's good that you have been keeping track and documenting your symptoms in a way that will give the doctor a clear picture of what you've been experiencing.

As for Turkey Day..... I'm looking forward to pigging out! Just not sure where I'm going to be doing this! :shock:
Zero

Postby Boudicca123 » Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:49 pm

As for medications, they have never really helped, some where a real nightmare! The only thing thats helped is the vegus nerve Stimulator, And last visit we just turned it up to 1.75 amps, took a little getting used to,( you feel it in your neck)every 30 seconds. it even changes the sound of your voice, makes you sound robotic! So I don't know whether its the VNS Or the hormone changes? :roll: I decided to wait on going to doc and see when Aunt flo visits again and see what happens, get out of this "danger" zone first! LOL IF I can go 6 months seizure free I can get my drivers license for the first time in my life! So be glad you don't live near me! I have had these seizures since puberty. I called the epilepsy foundation of america and they are researching WHY women with epilepsy go through menopause earlier than others for me since I can't find it. and are going to send it to me.
I get the joy of doing all the cooking, and eating! but all the mess too.

Thanks
Brenda
Boudicca123
Warm Pauzer

Postby Zero » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:19 pm

That would be wonderful if you could get your license, Brenda! This is all very exciting! I'm glad that device is working so well for you! As far as the voice change, well....the only thing that menopause does is make your voice deeper. :) As your estrogen lowers, you sometimes end up with more testosterone---ta da---more hair on the face, a lower voice and even a bit more aggression. It comes in handy with telemarketers when they ask "is this the man of the house?"..... hahahaha Might get us a better deal on a car too if we could order it by phone. :)

You could actually be a major research project! It will be interesting to see what the epilepsy foundation comes up with.
Zero

I spoke too soon

Postby Boudicca123 » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:40 pm

Well, I spoke a little too soon. I had a whopper of a seizure today. Knocked me out for almost 2 hours. :cry: I even made the mistake of getting happy, and excited JUST to be let down. I should have known better! I have wanted to cry all day.
I am looking forward to what I find out from the EFA too! I will let ya'll know when I get it. And I am definately the odd ball here! LOL

Have fun ladies
Brenda
Boudicca123
Warm Pauzer

Postby Sandykins » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:05 pm

Brenda,

Sorry to hear that you had another seizure. :( But, if they stopped for so long once, it can happen again! I'll be crossing my fingers for you!
If you judge people, you have no time to love them." - Mother Theresa
Sandykins
One HOT Woman!

Postby Rositaema » Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:04 pm

I'm so sorry about the seizure.
Sending hugs your way!
Rositaema

Postby Boudicca123 » Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:52 pm

:D Aww thanks for the happy thoughts and hugs! BACK AT YA. I ended up having 4 seizures in 2 days. But it could have been worse. thanks again ya all!

Brenda
Boudicca123
Warm Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause