Please Share Your Story

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Please Share Your Story

Postby OBOS » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:47 pm

Women have trusted "Our Bodies, Ourselves" for decades to provide the most up-to-date information on everything from emotional well-being to birth control. Now the editors of the “bible” of women’s health are embarking on an exciting new project: a book about menopause. This book will confront media misinformation and scare tactics and bring you the most unbiased and trustworthy information available.

As always, women’s voices make "Our Bodies, Ourselves" — and now the new menopause book — unique. We want to hear from you! If you’re going through menopause or perimenopause, or have experienced them recently, take a moment to share your experience. Visit our website at http://www.ourbodiesourselves.org or go to the following link: http://www.bwhbc.org/menobook.htm.

Here’s a short list of topics to get you thinking:

*Signs of the change: Was menopause a fast and easy transition for you, a long and disruptive process, or something in between?

*Feelings: Do you find menopause an empowering time, or one full of challenges? Do you miss having your period? Has menopause affected how you feel about aging, your appearance or your overall emotional well-being?

*Hormone therapy: Have you tried it? Are you confused by all of the stories in the media?

*Hot flashes: Have they affected your life? How do you handle them?

*Family, work, relationships: In what ways has menopause affected different aspects of your daily life? Do you have a support system of other women?

*Sexuality: Has sex changed for you and your partner? Do you have new concerns about birth control and pregnancy?

*Alternative therapies: Have you tried herbs, supplements, or other holistic remedies?

*Health care: Has your provider been supportive? Have you experienced memory loss? What have you been told about screening for cancer or how you might reduce your risk of osteoporosis?

*Nutrition/exercise: Have you made positive changes in your habits at this time in your life?
OBOS

Our bodies, Ourselves..

Postby AlaskaGirl » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:40 am

Oh geez, I love those books! I probably bought my first "Our Bodies, Ourselves" book about 20 years ago!

They are incredibly detailed, super informative, and very, very well-written! :D

I'll have to check out that website... I didn't know they had one! :wink: Thanks for the info!!
AlaskaGirl

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause