think i may have peri menopause

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

think i may have peri menopause

Postby tlwsbarber » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:18 pm

im 33 yrs and think i may have peri menopause

my periods are not always on time they can be very heavy and last between 3 / 7 days. im also sleep deprived recently get hot mostly during this time.
my mood swings and lack of memory are just as bad.

are these early signs of menopause or have i lost the plot :D
twood
tlwsbarber

Postby Zero » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:11 pm

twood....it certainly sounds like you have some of the symptoms, but you need to look at how long you've been feeling like this, have your periods always been irregular, and if there are any other factors that could be hormone related even if not menopause related. When was the last time you saw a doctor? Have you ever had thyroid problems?

It's certainly not unheard of for a woman your age to start the process, but it would be considered early menopause due to other female problems like PCOS. You really should see a healthcare professional to help you determine exactly what your situation is.

You can also get a lot of information from my friend's website: http://www.earlymenopause.com

We're glad to have you here and hope to hear what you find out!!
Zero

Postby pamibe » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Welcome, twood! I also vote for visiting the doctor; there's nothing like the certainty of tests! ;)

Let us know what the doc says!

Pam
pamibe

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause