Food aversion/nausea

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Food aversion/nausea

Postby cin-d-rella » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:17 am

Hi, It is Cin-d-rella again.............

Does it matter how many times one posts here ? I don't want to make myself unwelcome :roll:
I do have a question though. Has anyone experienced food aversions/nausea during the peri-meno stage ? I find that lately I have had all kinds of the "usual" symptoms, but the food aversion thing just like I had during pregnancy ...... AND NO NO NO , it would be more than just a miracle if I was pregnant....so I am thinking it may be related to all the hormonal ups and downs ?? :idea: Unfortunately I haven't lost any weight. :cry: in spite of it !!!!!!

Cindy
cin-d-rella
One HOT Woman!

Postby Zero » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:35 am

Please feel free to post every 5 min. if you want!! hahahah....all I ask is that you try to help others too (either with welcoming new members and making them feel comfortable or just providing support to others on the board).

Since our hormones affect every part of our body, it's always an issue with either weight gain or even weight loss (wish I could suffer from THAT one!) I wouldn't be surprised if your situation is pretty common too. Someone will be posting to you that knows exactly what you're going through.
Zero

Postby Zetti » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:26 pm

I'm in peri and have had the nausea on and off as well, some food aversion, been having tummy upsets recently.

The nausea thing really surprised me as well, never expected that one. I found chewable tablets at Walgreens specifically for nausea, they don't make me sleepy, they seem to work and don't taste half bad, cherry flavored.

Zetti
Zetti
Combustible

Postby Hopefully » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:40 pm

I also went through the food aversion section of perimenopause :). Also had the intense reflux which caused me to sleep upright for quite awhile. Hated the taste of chicken and other foods, but that has now changed. One thing that hasn't changed is that I have difficulty with my reflux when I eat carbohydrates. I also get an unpleasant taste in my mouth after eating carbs. You'd think that I'd lose a lot of weight, well quite the opposite I haven't lost a few pound...or should I say ounces ?:). I've had my thyroid checked several times and all is well, but I spoke to a co-worker today whose symptoms sound identical to mine (spacey feeling, anxiety....). Her routine tsh blood work also came back negative. It wasn't until she saw an endocrinologist that she was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. I don't know why this didn't show up with the regular blood work. She's now taking Synthroid (sp.) and doing better. Okay, I have a point here...I'm going to see her endocrinologist to make sure that my thyroid really is okay. I'm just totally dumbfounded at my weight gain and the distribution of "fat" on my body. From food adversion to fat on my body...yes, I'm rambling :).
Hopefully
Combustible

Postby Zetti » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:43 pm

Hopefully,

Well I wouldn't be surprised if you find it's just part of peri and not anything serious.

Ohhh, the weight thing. I was horrified a summer ago when none of my jeans suddenly fit. I watch what I eat and excersise is a part of my life. I was really spooked about getting on the scale at the doc's. I hadn't gained. In fact, a yr later, I'd lost 10 lbs.

It's body fat moving itself around, evidently. It redistributes itself all own it's own initiative.

Yeah one would think that food aversion would lead to weight loss, but I realize now that food intake has NO relationship to weight whatsoever. Just follow the thin people around at the grocery store as they stock up on real Pepsi, chips and ice cream.

Glad that myth is finally put to rest . . . :wink:

Zetti
Zetti
Combustible

Postby cin-d-rella » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:27 pm

Dearest Zetti, Hopefully, Dee and all Great "Pauzers" out there !!!

I have a confession to make regarding all this weight gain stuff.
I too found that my pants all of a sudden began to feel really tight....thought I was just bloated....which indeed I am sometimes....a lot of times. (Hey, sometimes I just feel as if someone has a bicycle pump hooked up to my belly button and is "givin' her" !!! ) It comes on so suddenly at times. Idea for a minnie cartoon, Dee ??!!
Anyway, because my pants became tight (and no drastic weight change) I found a "cool" pair of p.j. bottoms and wear them around a lot....even out. It is the style, right ?? :wink: :wink: Just won't tell anyone I am 45 !! I also had abdominal surgery last May and had to find something unrestrictive......so now I am a peri-pauzer-jammy-queen !!!! Who needs pants anyway:they are highly overrated !!!!!
I am still getting the food aversions, also have acid reflux disorder (am on prescription for it) but other than all that bothers me; I am great. I have the flu right now.....interesting......hot, cold (yesssssssss), hot, cold ( :D ).

I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and our average daily Feb. temperature is prob. about -15 C. So....there are pluses to it all !!!

Keep smiling everyone.....we have each other and it is a new phase in life, not necessarily an awful one. Love Cin-d-rella.
cin-d-rella
One HOT Woman!

Postby cin-d-rella » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:32 pm

Oh...I forgot (imagine THAT happening to one of us !!!! :lol: ) to thank you, "Hopefully", for the info on the endocrinologist. It is good to be on top of things, healthwise, and not attribute EVERYTHING to peri-or menopause. Anyway, thanks again for the post(s).
Cin-d-rella :oops:
cin-d-rella
One HOT Woman!

Postby Hopefully » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:08 pm

Zetti wrote:Hopefully,

Well I wouldn't be surprised if you find it's just part of peri and not anything serious.

Ohhh, the weight thing. I was horrified a summer ago when none of my jeans suddenly fit. I watch what I eat and excersise is a part of my life. I was really spooked about getting on the scale at the doc's. I hadn't gained. In fact, a yr later, I'd lost 10 lbs.

It's body fat moving itself around, evidently. It redistributes itself all own it's own initiative.

Yeah one would think that food aversion would lead to weight loss, but I realize now that food intake has NO relationship to weight whatsoever. Just follow the thin people around at the grocery store as they stock up on real Pepsi, chips and ice cream.

Glad that myth is finally put to rest . . . :wink:

Zetti

That thin person you saw in the grocery store stocking up on ice cream, chips, and various desserts was probably my husband. Recently, he has eliminated eating out and drink Coke and over night the man has lost over 20 pounds!!! He looks younger, has more energy, and looks simply MARVELOUS! Meanwhile the Buddha belly woman next to him, who has been living on air and water has lost only a few ounces in about 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, I'm off to 24 Hour Fitness to see how I can make exercising daily a part of my life.
Hopefully
Combustible

FOOD AVERSIONS

Postby MIZZJEM » Thu May 26, 2005 4:06 pm

Yes, Yes, and Yes! You're not alone as you can see already. I myself have not been able to lose the weight because of this. I had been on weight watchers and was eating real good. Then, BAM.. I can't eat any of the meals that I once loved. I get such a queasy stomach and it really hinders my day(s). Right now I am on the cereal diet :shock: That's all I feel like I can eat. Most of the time I eat the Kashi cereal so that's good but lately when my Grandson visits I get him his favorite, Lucky Charms...sooooo guess what I am addicted to now? 3 times a day and may be some fruit or frozen yogurt. I guess unless it's bad food we can just ride it out. I try to eat some meat when I can but have never been a big fan but I always loved veggies so I try to get a salad down when I can handle it. I guess, just experiment and try to eat as healthy as possible. Glad you shared this prob.
MIZZJEM
Warm Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause