new here , Surgery Feb. 28th and going into surgical meno.

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

new here , Surgery Feb. 28th and going into surgical meno.

Postby endo_gerber » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:05 am

Hi ladies,

I am new here and this is my first post. Let me start by giving you some information about my situation.
I am currently 33 years old. I had a sub-total hysterectomy 2.5 years ago due to adenomyosis and very heavy and painful periods. One yar later I had my left ovary removed due to endometriosis and was supposed to have my cervix removed because I was still experiencing periods but my cervix was adhered to my bowels and my doctor thought it would be too risky to remove it at that time as I did not have a full bowel prep. He found endo behind my cervix and lasered it off thinking that would stop the bleeding I was having. It didn't. Anyway, here I am now 1.5 years since that surgery and I am now going to a different doctor to have more surgery. My nearly invisible endo has now grown into a 3 cm mass in my lower pelvis and has invaded my bowel. I still have full periods every month and cyclical rectal bleeding due to the endo.
My surgery is scheduled for Feb. 28th with a gyne-oncologist. He will be doing deep excision of my endo, a bowel and possible vaginal resection as well as removing the rest of my "girlie" parts and I will therefore be entering the hormone jungle of surgical menopause.

I look forward to hearing from those ladies who can relate to my situation and I hope to learn from your experiences. I am sure I will have many questions in the future about HRT.

Thanks for being here.

Karen
endo_gerber

Postby Zero » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:18 pm

Welcome, Karen....you've sure been through a lot at a young age! We will be here for you with your upcoming surgery and to welcome you back home! It sounds like a few menopause symptoms might be a piece of cake after all the trouble you've had before!

Let us know how you're doing, ok?
Zero

Postby anonymous22 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:18 am

Hi Karen,
I had a hysterectomy five years ago. My situation was not nearly as severe as yours but I did go through surgical menopause as a result of the removal of my ovaries. Will you be allowed to use any HRT at all?

I will be thinking of you as you go to surgery.

Sending big hugs
anonymous22
On Fire!

surgical menopause due to severe stage IV endo

Postby endo_gerber » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:35 am

Hi

I will actually be given a shot of estrogen in the recovery room. I have discussed the whole HRT delimma with my doctor and he says with deep excision of the endo the chance of reccurance is still there but is minimal and because of my age (33) I will definately need to be on HRT.

Thanks for responding to my post. I look forward to hearing from others and learning from your experiences.

Karen
endo_gerber

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause