Book recommendations

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Book recommendations

Postby Lori » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:19 pm

I am wondering what books, if any on menopause are suggested.
Last year I got The Change before the Change. Now that I am IN menopause I was looking for something that addresses the needs of the stage I am going through now.

I am a reader and for me that is my best therapy. I checked out the library and the most current book was prior 21st century! :roll:
I went to Barnes & Noble and found 3 books, nothing inspiring.

So any suggestions? And anyone know why there aren't more books out there? I am so inspired to start writing one of my own, as soon as I get more info.
Lori
On Fire!

Postby Zero » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:31 pm

Have you seen my suggestions on this page, Lori?
http://www.minniepauz.com/books.html

My eyes are crossed from reading so many books on menopause for the last 8 years! :) I've tried to offer a range of books from technical to humorous, plus my own comments where I had some.

The book on top (The Midlife Bible) just got a good write up in the Washington Post as being better than Menopause for Dummies and The Idiot's Guide to Menopause, but that writer also called my cartoons "moronic"..... I thought MOST cartoons ARE moronic......it's certainly not brain surgery or museum quality art! Everyone to their opinion of course! :)

Let me know if you have any questions about the books, ok? I can also get some of the authors to answer questions here on the board, such as:

Feelin’ Hot? A Humorous, Informative and Truthful Look at Menopause by
Rebecca Hulem

Rebecca Hulem has excelled in the field of women’s health for over twenty-eight years. Her career has included positions as a registered nurse, Ob/Gyn nurse practitioner, certified menopause clinician, and certified nurse midwife. In 2003, Rebecca left the corporate world to
start her own business as a dynamic speaker and author on the subject of menopause. She has traveled throughout the United States and Canada speaking professionally to women of all ages on how to stay healthy and sane in spite of their hormones. With a reputation as a caring,
nurturing and informed woman who is truly passionate about helping other women find answers to their health issues, Ms. Hulem has truly connected with her core audience.

Dee's Review: This is my #1 recommendation for 2004!
Zero

Postby Lori » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:03 pm

Thanks Dee

The first time I clicked on your link it only showed the one book - The Midlife Bible. I checked again and now there is a whole page of them

Thanks so much :D
Lori
On Fire!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause