I feel scared

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

I feel scared

Postby pink » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:25 pm

Hi, I'm new and I'm trying to figure out how this newsletter works. This is the only place that I could find to write my feelings. I'm not sure if I'm in the right place or not. I never was good at computers. Anyway I guess I'm in post-menapause. It has been 2!/2 years since my last period. I have a history of anxiety disorders. I went to groug therapy when I was younger and learned coping skills which have always helped me until now. Around July I started with some ringing in my ears. This is bothering me a lot, I try not to pay attention to it, sometimes that works. I've been to many doctors and there is nothing wrong. Since this has happened alot of anxiety has returned. And things are snow balling from there. I'm even going through some spiritual doubt with all of this. I've been getting a few hot flashes for about 2 years, but they didn't really bother me that much. Now I feel overwhelmed with so many things that I'm scared. I even feel guilty that I have 3 daughters that might have to go through this one day. The doctor gave me hormones without even listening to me. I haven't taken any yet, because I'm scared of what I hear about them. Also if they are just a temporary fix, then why take them if I will have to go through all this again if I stop.
pink

Postby pink » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:52 pm

Dear pink, everything will be all right.
pink

Hello

Postby Sophiesgrandma » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:17 am

Hi Pink,
It sounds as if you are going through a really tough time right now. I know what its like to have extreme anxiety and think nobody is listening. Some doctors are too busy. Try to find someone who has the time to pay attention and work through things with you. Especially your anxieties about your health. Is there a public health clinic with nurses that you can talk to? Sometimes just knowing that other people have gone through what you are can make a difference. Hang in there.
Sophiesgrandma

I FEEL SCARED

Postby CORY » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:37 pm

Hi Pink - don't let everything get to you!! The ringing in your ears is tinitus and is more of a nuisance than anything else. If it is just mild (ie. when you are busy you don't notice it, but in the quiet you do) then you just have to try and ignore it. I have had it for years, and it has gotten a little worse with menopause, just something to get used to like the flashes. If you don't think that your doc is listening to you, you have 1 of 2 choices - either sit him/her down and don't let him/her talk until you have finished. If at that time you don't agree with what you are hearing, don't be afraid to ask for a referral to another doctor. Remember, they are being paid to HELP us. If a painter did a crappy job on your house you wouldn't let them get away with it. Be just as tough with your doctor!!
CORY

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause