Light at the End of the Tunnel?

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Light at the End of the Tunnel?

Postby Zetti » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:21 pm

Somebody, PUHLEEEZE tell me this ends at some point.

Ok, I get the peri thing: the alternating hot/cold flashes, bizarre moods, backaches, tummy upsets, bad vagina days, crashing fatigue, total lack of short term memory, brain fog and on and on and on . . .

But, can someone PUHLEEEEEZE tell me that once you have completed this process and graduated to fully meno'd, you get to feel NORMAL again?

I really need to hear that.

Aaaaaaaacccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Told bf this am that whenever he starts a sentence with: *Do you remember . . .* I think it's like plucking the wings off of flies to torture them . . . The final answer is: NO I DO NOT REMEMBER ANYTHING EVER ABOUT ANYTHING.

Poor guy. He really is very supportive, just hasn't gotten out of that annoying habit of expecting me to retain information for longer than 3 seconds.

Zetti
Zetti
Combustible

Postby Zero » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:49 pm

Yes, it will get better Girlfriend! :) Try not to make it worse by stressing out though.....that goes for mental and physical. And you have to realize that it will be a DIFFERENT "normal". Things just change and you can't expect to go back to the way things were BM (before menopause). It's just not realistic.....we get older, our physiological makeup changes so our bodies work differently. The main solution that I've found so far is to learn to adjust parts of your life to work within this new normal..... this is what I was talking about when I came up with the phrase:

MENOPAUSE IS NOT A DISEASE, IT'S A LIFESTYLE!
Zero

Postby Zetti » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:25 pm

Here is what's so great about this adventure.

Started out yesterday exhausted from poor sleep and vivid dreams, woke up feeling very PMSy as I had been all wk. Described it as someone standing on my uterus while also standing on my low back at the same time. Prolly requires 2 separate individuals to do that. Hot/cold flashes, dizzy, food adverse, all that.

So I have to go to a meeting, yech. I don't wanna. But I have to drag myself over there.

Around 2 pm, suddenly I feel great. Appetite is back, no cramps, nada. Full energy rebound.

Today I am still enjoying a Good Hormone Day after a good nite's sleep.

See, this is what makes it so danged exciting, isn't it?

So BF assumes the bad stuff is over and I'll be fine now. Ha ha ha. Keep trying to tell him it's one day at a time, one hr at a time, one minute at a time . . .

Hoping the Good Hormone Phase continues for awhile, no period yet and I don't feel pmsy anymore. Oh could it be at last I'll get to skip one?

Zetti
Zetti
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause