Too old for this

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Too old for this

Postby Marigold » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:24 pm

I am 55. Why am I so lucky to be at the upper end of this menopause thing? Irregular periods for several years, hot flashes for even longer, and finally I thought I was done 6 months ago. But no, here IT is again. Very light, really just spotting, but there just the same. So my question is, do I have to start the 12 month countdown all over, before I can say I am really postmenopausal?
Marigold

Postby Zero » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:33 am

Unfortunately, that is the only criteria we can rely on and even then there have been some women who have gone 11 1/2 mo. and then had bleeding or spotting. My advice is to enjoy the freedom from periods for as long as they last with the knowledge that there could be ONE more. At least having a period (or spotting, etc) is a definitive sign that you're NOT post-menopausal.....where NOT having one is so vague since you're never really sure if you're going to have another. Besides, there's really no prize once you become "post-menopausal" :roll: My periods stopped 16 years ago when I was 41, but I still have some of the symptoms on the list. There's just no guarantee......hang in there and just be one of us fabulous menopausal types, no matter what! :)
Zero

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:51 pm

I went 13 months then up popped another period :( I was nearly 56 at the time, that was three years ago and the last one I hope :)

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause