keeping a job

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Postby colopam » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:59 am

YIppeee!!!!!

Heard about "the other job" last night and YES!!!! I got it, it's with a man I worked with before and LOVED IT!! (didn't think I'd get his location!) will be initially a small cut in pay but I'm a quick learner and that will bump up to where I am now with 10 hours less a week. this means that I can now start doing some massage in my spare time!!!! (giving not getting). Well better print out my resignation letter and get to work!!!

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:12 pm

minniepz wrote:Hello kado! Welcome to our forum where women can be themselves and everyone understands!! :)

I haven't been fired or let go from a job because of menopause, but I do believe I QUIT many a job because of it during the last 15 years! Just take a look at my bio and you'll see a definite pattern of changing jobs! http://www.minniepauz.com/bio.html

Are you single too? I have been for 23 or 24 years (can't remember exactly!) and I've found that it's a bit more serious when you can't seem to hold on to a much needed job! About 10 years ago I broke my ankle and ended up losing my sales job because it took over a year to recover. I've been self-employed ever since and THAT's not easy either!!
:shock:

getting fired during menopause

Postby toni » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:36 pm

augh!!!!!! :shock: never got fired but had to quit a couple of jobs beacuse the perimenopause was so debilitating !!!! i also am single, so the financial picture got very grim..... things are better now, but i had to take a job that didn't require as much "brain ability." the great news is that i work with a couple of women who are going through the same thing!!! we have a great time teasing eachother!!! have now been period- free for almost 3 years, but still go through periods of fatigue, and my eyesight gets affected...blur...blur...... have been walking with my buddy rocky (my dog) every night for about two miles!! am getting out a lot with friends. life is getting a little rosier as time goes on. i know when all is over, i might even get my uproarious sense of humor back!!!!!!! i still kind of have it. don't give up!!! just keep on a-goin'................
toni

Holding down jobs.

Postby Guest » Fri May 27, 2005 5:11 am

I hadn't realised that my pattern of changing jobs (6 in the last 9 years) could be attributed to my peri and post menopause. I am now 52 and at the moment am now self employed, (since February this year) and in the first stages of trying to bring in enough cash to keep up my end of the bills :)
Looking back, although I never lost a job through my hormones they certainly must have contributed to my quitting and trying something else that I felt less demanding and less stressful!!! :roll:

Never mind, just realising this may have been a factor helps me a lot and makes me all the more determined to make my business work 8)
I am so pleased we all have this website. It is SO liberating :D

Postby Zero » Fri May 27, 2005 5:20 am

Best of luck to all of you who are changing jobs, looking for work, starting a business or just wanting to do what you love to do. My most favorite and inspiring website for most of this is http://www.barbarasher.com I've got a couple of her books and once you get on her website, the support is fabulous!!!
Zero

Postby colopam » Fri May 27, 2005 8:29 am

Well Gang
The new job I started is great! 10 hours less a week (approx 40), same pay, great bennies, great people, no heavy lifting, A/C, and i get to wear nice clothes!! In fact I gave all my old work clothes away, DH is thrilled!! I finished my phase 1 training (early) and should be getting a dollar an hour raise (already). I did have my first anxiety attack there (nothing to do with the job, just happened) but it would've been worse at my other job. YEAH!!!!!!! HUgs pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Menopause