Itchy, Crawly feeling

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Itchy, Crawly feeling

Postby MGR » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:53 am

Anyone with peri-menopause having the itchy crawly feeling in the scalp and face area? I am having so many symptoms I can barly stand it anymore. Tingling, hot, cold, tired, memory problems, shakes, everything possible. Am I the only one?
MGR

Postby whitemagic » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:02 pm

Constantly....all the time.......never ending........honey you are not alone!! The only thing that stops me from drifting off to sleep due to extreme fatigue is the itching..........................ya cant win!!

*smiles*

Jadie
"I was a restless spirit on an endless flight but now my broom is losing its bristles"
whitemagic
Hot Pauzer

Postby fiona » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:50 pm

Yes...this week the itching has been driving me :x ..scalp, arms, face, everywhere!!! I'm also breaking out in a rash, my heart races, I have the shakes, freezing cold...our symptoms sound identical.. no estrogen is my theory, I think it's finally left the building :lol:

Feel better soon girls

~Fiona~
Being listened to is so close to being loved that most people cannot tell the difference
~David Oxberg~
fiona
Combustible

Postby DaMomma » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:54 am

Yep, Yep, Yep....been there..done that, went back..(I know a glutton for punishment :oops: )..left it,..ole head sticks back up now and again. :?

I felt that people may have thought I had "cooties" the way I was clawing at myself!.. :P

This too shall pass...and reapper, and pass again...and....yadah yadah yadah... :shock:
Are we there yet?!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
born '63/peri since 2000
DaMomma
One HOT Woman!

Postby psexypsychic » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:56 pm

I get it in my legs- but I thought it was from the swelling I have. I'm glad to know I'm not insane- or at least that I have company. ;)

My mom has a condition that I can't remember the name of- but one of the early symptoms was that creepy-crawly feeling in her skin. She actually had a doctor say: "You don't really see the bugs on your skin, do you?"

She stared at him for a moment and then replied, "No, I'm not mentally ill, it's your job to tell me what is wrong."

She switched doctors and then they figured out what was wrong. That was years ago- some kind of circulation problem. She had stents put in her legs last year to help with the blood flow.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:02 pm

PS

From other posts I think that feeling is called "formication", better pronounce that one right!

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby PDiva » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:48 am

Oh my Gosh! I have that too! It is awful! I just feel like I need to wash my hair or something. It is so extreme sometimes I can't stand it. I do have what the doctor called "allergic skin" which I guess just means very sensitive skin, so I itch a bit all the time. But, this week I've just popped out with this terribly, itchy extreme symptom that started on my head and face and then has spread to...well...everywhere! Tests all say I'm just fine. Puhleeze! I'm going nuts here.
PDiva
Warm Pauzer

itchy itchy scratchy sratchy......

Postby scooby666 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:48 pm

oooooooo......here I thought I was allergic to life all of the sudden......I have been carrying alot of lotion with me, My boss laughs at me and says I should shower more often....lol. At least she understands, ,she's already been through it< The hubby, on the other side, loves to watch me crawl out of my skin. Thank gawd he's going bald.... :lol: :lol:
hypocondria is all in my mind....
scooby666

Postby psexypsychic » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:32 pm

Mine's gotten worse and worse over the last few months. I can't wait till my doctor's appointment on Monday.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby Brandy » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:03 pm

Scratching my legs and arms as I read this.... yikes it's awful.
Brandy
Warm Pauzer

Postby scottie » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:21 pm

Yes, can completely relate. It's mostly legs, arms and back. It feels like a spider is crawling on me. Ack! :shock:
scottie

Postby mrsb76 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:54 pm

My face has been itching for months! Didn't even relate it to peri but I suppose it could be. Yippee...another lovely symptom! :x
mrsb76
On Fire!

I thought I had fleas until I read this!

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:00 pm

Yes I have the itches, constantly scratching! Also, recently I have been feeling rather shivery and quivering, a little like you feel before you get the flu, but it's more like I can feel my heart pumping blood around all over. My heart thumps erratically and I feel the vibration all over me. Sound bonkers? It's only been in the last six months or so and, from what I see on the posts, is just another of those midlife symptoms.
But at least I know I am not the only one and it's not in my head.
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby faith@50 » Sat May 12, 2007 9:12 pm

I'm so glad to find out it is a menopausal thing. I was talking to another woman at work just this week about the itching. Mine happens mostly at night or late evening. I sometimes bruise my legs scratching. It's my back, legs, hips and sometimes abdomen.
Ok.........talking about it makes me itch. I'm stopping. lol
It ain't the age. It's the attitude.
faith@50
Combustible

Postby fiona » Fri May 18, 2007 9:19 am

Since my periods have dwindled to about 1 or 2 a year, the darned itching is worse. My scalp, my face, arms..it's so annoying :evil: I even developed a allergic reaction to the same hair dye I've used for 10 years!! Anyone else suddenly allergic to something that never bothered them before?

Blessings~Fiona
Being listened to is so close to being loved that most people cannot tell the difference
~David Oxberg~
fiona
Combustible

Quick Reply

Next

Return to Menopause