Woman says we don't need humor....

If you found the message board first, I'd like to show you around the rest of the website!

Moderators: psexypsychic, colopam

Woman says we don't need humor....

Postby minniepauz » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:35 pm

The woman who started The American Menopause Foundation said this in an article in the latest Forbes magazine: Menopause is no fun. But some women are cashing in on their misery. With 37 million American women between 45 and 64 years old, a cottage industry of "meno products" is springing up--to the distinct displeasure of some. "It's ridiculous. It's offensive," says Marie Lugano, president of the American Menopause Foundation, in New York City. "What's next? Prostate Cancer the Musical? A board game about erectile dysfunction? Menopause is a serious health issue. We don't need a musical and a board game, we need more research."

The article mentions Menopause the Musical and a few other businesses related to menopause (yours truly included). What a nutcase....she's not even a doctor... here's the list of people in her organization:
http://www.americanmenopause.org/index-7.htm Oh yeah, all those Phd's really know more about menopause than we do, right?
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby psexypsychic » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:20 am

Sounds to me like someone didn't have any friends willing to keep her spirits up during her change.

If I didn't joke about the stress I'm under, I'd go completely insane. We joke about my husband's stroke- and as long as he's in on it, its funny. My kids call me the Menopause Monster because I'll cry at one moment (because of a commercial) then rage the next because I can't get the cap off my soda bottle. And if I didn't laugh at that, well, it'd mean I totally lost my mind or I died.

To steal from "Reader's Digest": Laughter is the best medicine.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:17 am

She's certainly someon I want to stear clear of!!! OMG that's someone that's just pissed off waiting to happen!!.. Even at my worst I have to laugh at myself and ground myself from others. They've proven that laughter IS the best medicine on many grounds and with many issues...Jeesh SOMEONE get that woman a whoopee cushion or something! I was just out of the operating room following my myomectomy when they were setting up my pain medicine pump...thank God DH asked what they were putting in it...the nurse answered morphine (after I had told EVERYONE 'cept the cafeteria lady tha I was allergic and to NOT give me morphine), he stepped in and told them they had to get something else so in the meantime I'm coming out of anesthesia in a great deal of pain and beggin (at the top of my lungs) Jesus to take the pain away and STILL joking with my DMIL that I wasn't taking his name in vane I just wanted to be out of pain... If I can joke at a time like that and help the situation I can surely joke about peri/meno!!! It helped the situation!!!!! :evil: :lol:

Love ya ladies
HUgs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:32 am

Got to thinking about it...my favorite uncle who has the BEST sense of humor I've EVER seen DID have prostate cancer and DID joke about it!!! So there goes her theory!!!!! AND it did help him and those around him HA!
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to The Minnie Pauz Website