Welcome Dr. Linda

Dr. Linda has not responded for a long time, so this forum is locked to further posting or questions. You may still read all the posts. Watch for a new homeopathic section with Dr. Rallie McAllister!

Welcome Dr. Linda

Postby minniepauz » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:13 pm

We are so fortunate to have another generous physician join us here at Minnie Pauz World! I will let Dr. Linda introduce herself and I hope you will all welcome her with open arms! :bighug:
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby niftyfifty3 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:29 pm

Welcome Dr. Linda,
Good to have you 'on board 'with us. Ha ha, I made a funny. 'On Board'

Okay I'm a little goofy today. :lol:

Tell us more about you !!!
niftyfifty3
On Fire!

hi dr linda here...

Postby feelgooddoc » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:18 pm

thank you for your welcome. i hope i can be of service here. please be patient if i do not respond daily to your questions, but i will do my best. to introduce myself, i am an anti-aging physician, and that includes hormones. i find that most women over the age of 35 have some form of hormone issue. it happens in our society that we are stressed beyond what our bodies can handle. that in turn, affects our stress gland, our adrenals, which in turn affects our hormones. women run on hormones, and every women knows something "isn't right" if they are not balanced. there are so many things that hormones control, that it can affect every organ in the body, even if only slightly, such that menopause can have a multitude of symptoms. the good news is with proper nutrition, hormones, if needed, and basically getting life balanced, most women can come through just fine and be better than they have ever been. i will do my best to help you in this journey.
feelgooddoc

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:28 pm

Hi Dr. Linda (the Beach Boys song 'Lady Linda' is stuck in my head now :D )

thanks for giving your valuable time here. :)
Born 1959
Hashimoto's hypothyroid finally diagnosed 1991 when 30, (after first child).
In pre-menopause. Trying natural progesterone cream.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby barveda » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:58 pm

:roll:
"Living a new normal everyday!"
barveda
Warm Pauzer

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:30 pm

barveda wrote::roll:

is there a problem with my humour?

do I know you from elsewhere by the way?

I wondered that from another post.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby barveda » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:52 pm

I was not implying anything to you personally. I was questioning why no one was using the page. Do I know you or vice versus? Are you from B.C. Canada?
The only other forum/s I have been on were a grief site 6 years ago when my mother passed away, and an investment site with world wide investors. Does that help you?

Have a great day/evening as it depends on where you live :)
"Living a new normal everyday!"
barveda
Warm Pauzer

Coping with chronic pain

Postby menohead » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:07 pm

Dr Linda,
Every cervical disc in my neck has degenerated, which has left me in chronic pain, unable to enjoy the host of hobbies I once enjoyed. I'm going to be vacationing in San Diego to visit my son in March and dread the trip. Using the computer also generates the squeezing, which travel down my arm, which is indicative of nerve pain. I go to a chronic pain center and have been having cervical epidurals, which hasn't helped much. At 13, I almost broke my neck and also suffered a significant concussion, which I understand is implicated in chronic pain. The once long term acute pain has become chronic. Long ago, a physician told me to avoid physical therapy "until I can't stand it anymore." By then the pain was like a literally viselike, shooting and squeezing my arm. At it's worse it's kept me pacing the floor, sleepless, for three nights straight. Laying down helps the pain. Xrays show every cervical disc degenerated and lots of arthritis. stimulator trial and facet joint injections did nothing. I loathe the idea of opiates, as a tolerance is reached. My PT said, "acceptance,"
and that I wasn't accepting the disablity. She said, "to hell with what others said they don't have nerve pain." She also
has a Mild Traumatic Brain Injury due to being dumped on her head by a marine at nineteen. Unlike me, she pursued myofascial technique early. She claimed not to be a miracle
worker. Any suggestions for coping with this daily aggravation would be appreciated. I had so many projects I longed to pursue, but bending or looking up kills.
Chriropractic, inversion and exercise help my lordosis. I also fell on my sacrum, which I believe induced my back pain. I won't let anyone touch my neck as a myofascial therapist worsened the cervical pain.
Do you have any suggestions regarding coping with chronic
pain? I dread the idea of travel, as short rides about town are
painful. I remind myself folks suffer worse fates such as
terminal cancer. Since every cervical disc is degenerated, plus fusion and experimental disc replacement worsen other discs, I'm caught in a cycle. Even writing online, which I enjoy hurts.
Do you have any suggestions for coping with the agony of
daily pain?

Thanks for your time. I'd better get off the computer, as my neck is spasming. I'd tried acupuncture, to no avail, for intense anxiety during meno

MENOHEAD[code][/code]
menohead
Warm Pauzer

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:40 pm

barveda wrote:I was not implying anything to you personally. I was questioning why no one was using the page.
ok, but I would ask you to look again about what you did by posting that directly underneath my post...

it may be that you are not used to internet forums, but I do hope that you could see how rude that seems...as it is ''rolling eyes upwards'' which is generally understood to be sarcasm about the previous post.

if it's the whole thread you have a problem with maybe you could be more specific...

it would just help...thanks. :)
Born 1959
Hashimoto's hypothyroid finally diagnosed 1991 when 30, (after first child).
In pre-menopause. Trying natural progesterone cream.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Ask Dr. Linda