I'm on Chantix...

Are you a smoker? Do you want to quit, but need support and encouragement from others who have quit or are trying to?

Moderators: psexypsychic, colopam

Postby chelsea6 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:04 pm

Zon: Sorry you haven't been able to make it to any auctions lately. I LOVE 'em!! I bring an empty box for my goodies plus a chair pad and I'm good to go!! :D

I'll try the Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor routine on my husband!! I'll also think of some more macho men that aren't smokers he can look up to.. he may go for it... hahaha!!! :lol:
chelsea6
On Fire!

Postby minniepauz » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:32 pm

I love and appreciate your enthusiasm, Sistah!! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Zon » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:59 pm

That should do it Chels'! But if it don't, we'll try to figure something else out. Just go easy on him, so he don't get discouraged. Ya, know; I understand that men are physically stronger than women, but it seems to me that we are stronger in about every other way. Or maybe that's just how I view it from my own lifestyle? :dontknow: What-da-ya think?
Have to share this: :high5:
My hubby has started taking the fan out of my hand and fanning me himself!!! :lol: I think he wants to keep me happy! :music:
The world will never care how much you know,
until; The world knows how much you care!
Zon
Combustible

Postby chelsea6 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:23 pm

Zon: Sounds like a plan!!:idea: Yup, I think we're more patient than men, so we can handle our stress better. I mean, we do it all the time, we're used to it. Can you imagine a man speaking at a board meeting, or being a air traffic controller while having hot flashes, etc.??? :shock:

Wowwie, how did you get your husband to fan you like that?? I'll have to work on that too. :wink: Maybe I should hypnotize him in his sleep or something...Everytime you hear me say the word Hollywood.... You WILL fan me .. Oh, and you'll want to rub my feet too while you're at it, Oh yeh!!! :D Brewhahahhaaaa!!!! :lol: :lol: :P
Last edited by chelsea6 on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chelsea6
On Fire!

Postby chelsea6 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:24 pm

minniepauz wrote:I love and appreciate your enthusiasm, Sistah!! :)

minniepauz: That's how I feel about you too!! It must be contagious!! :wink: :D
chelsea6
On Fire!

Postby Zon » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:35 am

Can you imagine a man speaking at a board meeting, or being a air traffic controller while having hot flashes,

NO Way! Nor could I imagine a Woman elected as President, knowing that she'll either have to make decisions while suffering PMS or MENOPAUSE! Wake up America!!! :shock:

I didn't ask my hubby to fan me! I think he's either feeling compassion for me or else he's really, really scared of me!:eyebrows: But should you master the art of Hypnosis, you'd better share girl. Coz that sounds terrific! :rofl:
Zon
Combustible

Postby minniepauz » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:31 am

hmmmm.....was that a subtle hint about Hillary maybe????? :) I believe a woman can run this country better than a man, menopause or not, but I can almost guarantee you Hillary is through menopause....she's my age and I'm done and look how well I'm managing Minnie Pauz Country!! hahahaha.....

I went to her book signing several years back and she commented on my Minnie Pauz shirt and chuckled about it.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:31 am

Mrs. Thatcher did a great job of running our country (unlike what the naysayers say about her). We knew she meant what she said, whether people agreed with it or not.

Golda Meir did a great job of running Israel, and Indira Ghandi, India...
and if that lady in Burma was allowed to run it (without her life being in danger) there may have been more peace there.

That being said, teamwork in vital, of men and women together.

I was thinking of starting a thread to share what I have been learning about true equality for women.
Born 1959
Hashimoto's hypothyroid finally diagnosed 1991 when 30, (after first child).
In pre-menopause. Trying natural progesterone cream.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby Zon » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:36 pm

NO Way! Nor could I imagine a Woman elected as President, knowing that she'll either have to make decisions while suffering PMS or MENOPAUSE! Wake up America!!!

Well Now! Sounds to me as though that little comment has - Ruffled up some Feathers! :rofl: No! That wasn't
a subtle hint about Hillary
at all! I didn't beat around the 'Bush' either! When I said,"WOMAN"...that meant ANY WOMAN!!!!!!!!!! Admit it or not (denying it don't make it so either), women are way to emotional to be trying to run a whole country!
That's my opinion, and I don't mean to start stirring up any stink. But as of right now in the good ole' USA; I still have the free right to express it! :shock: And I pray that there'll NEVER come a day that this country is under the authority of a woman! Simply because women are 'emotional thinkers' :freaking: and men are logical thinkers :detective: !

:offtopic: Wasn't this thread supposed to be discussing the non-smoking issues? :offtopic: This topic should've been taken to the "Political Discussions Anyone?" page. (Which I know not to post on!) Especially since I'm suffering from MINNIE MOODS! (Get my point?)
Last edited by Zon on Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zon
Combustible

Postby minniepauz » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:54 pm

Why wouldn't you post in the Political Discussions? That's why I put it up there. But as you can see, it doesn't get much activity so I've decided it's too much of a stretch from what this forum is about and have removed it. :bigeyes:

You're right about being :offtopic:. Feel free to start a thread with a new subject so people aren't led astray when reading about quitting smoking. :roll:

You DO have the right to express your opinions here and it doesn't ruffle my feathers AT ALL that you believe a woman couldn't run the country. I'm just saying that I believe she WILL. :) One of us will be right
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Zon » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:08 am

Whew!!!
Now that all that's over and (hopefully) done with! :oops: I'll try to be more careful 'NOT' to let my mood swings get to much control over my rational thoughts I've 'ALWAYS' been more of a listener. But since ole' Minnie has been part of my life, I just feel compelled to voice my opinions whether anyone wants to hear them or not! {Forgive me Dee, I'll try to be more careful. But still won't change my views on that subject! :lol: :D :lol: But I'll agree to disagree and not to touch on it again, O.K.? :?: :!: }

I've gotten down to having 4 'Chantix' left in this Rx. I'm considering, just taking 1 of them a day until they're gone and not getting the rest filled. (They're a bit expensive @ $95 per month). I really think I'll be fine doing it this way. I have heard before; that if a person goes at least 2 weeks without smoking, then their success rate is a sure thing-If they truly want it! And it's been beyond that for me. I can always go down to the pharmacy and pick up the rest of the Rx if I should need to. But here goes....let's see if it's O.K. or not!

Hey chelsea6, (hope we did'nt scare ya off! LOL)
How's the hubby doing with his Chantix experience? He couldn't have gotten any more irritated :banghead: than I have, or did, or am! LOL :spin:
Zon
Combustible

Postby minniepauz » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:44 am

My sister's insurance paid all but $7 for her Chantix. I can't believe all of them don't do it. How ridiculous is that?

For most people, $95 is still less than what we paid for cigarettes in a month, but since you're in KY, you probably only pay half price, right? My sister was driving about 45 min. to Paducah for her cigs.

Hang in there and just keep telling yourself that you're much better off (healthier) as a nonsmoker! You can do it (even without the Chantix)!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Zon » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:17 pm

Yeah! You'd think that the insurance companies would jump at a way of saving themselves a lot of money on down the road! Seeing as how costly it is to treat heart and lung disease. Not to even mention cancer! One hospital stay, can run into thousands of dollars in itself! Your sisters' blessed to have such good insurance! I thought ours was good - Blue *****Blue******I guess it's according to the plan you have!

Cigarettes are expensive no matter where you live, (especially on the health risks one's taking!) And yep, $95 is less than buying all the cartons I was purchasing within a month. I guess I just want to start feeling the benefit of that little extra $ in my pocket!!! Cause now that I've quit, I feel soooo much better! And I think - I just might be able to shop a little longer!
(Now that I won't have to take any 'smoke breaks'!!!) :cheer: Yip-pee!!!

I keep reminding myself that: I'm getting older, and I want to be able to take care of my son and my family as long as I possibly can! When the Doc. told me how our lungs begin to change after the age of around 50 - 55, and the rapid effects smoking can have on the older generation; I got determined to quit! (I hope ole' Minnie don't make me forget my reasoning!)
I only took one Chantix today! And I'm doing GOOD! :bubbly:
Zon
Combustible

Postby chelsea6 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:24 pm

Zon wrote:
Hey chelsea6, (hope we did'nt scare ya off! LOL)
How's the hubby doing with his Chantix experience? He couldn't have gotten any more irritated :banghead: than I have, or did, or am! LOL :spin:

Zon: No, you didn't scare me off, hon. :lol: I've been so busy I haven't been on the internet in days. Now I'm playing catch-up with all the posts which I REALLY need. (Hot flashes and T.O.M. don't mix very well...lolol) Right now, my husband isn't doing any Chantix at all. I'm sitting back, not saying anything except thinking about how to bring up the the macho thing. I'm going to try hinting to him that I read somewhere on the internet that Chantix not only gets rid of smoking, but has gotten rid of a lot of men's beer bellies as well!! :idea: :P (I won't tell him where I read it, since I just wrote it here..hehee) What do you think?? Maybe it'll work!! :wink:
chelsea6
On Fire!

Postby Zon » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:29 pm

Sooo good to hear from ya Chels! :rbow:
Those flashes and mood swings can bring out the worst of any good woman! :cuss: I'm sorry to hear things are going so rough right now. I've just come through a rollercoaster ride myself!!! :argur: I'm blaming a lot of my outrage on being disobedient to the perscribed dosage of the Chantix!!! :disapprove: I thought I was doing so well that I could come off them slowly (take the last 4 in this pack once a day, until gone), which I did. DON'T WORK! :help: I thought I did fine for a couple of days, but soon I started getting real nervous and even feeling faint! :faint: My dizziness kept me in the bed to much, and the BIGGEST CLINCHER was: I started craving nicotine (my cigs.) again! :bigeyes: So...I got the other part of the RX filled today! I'm thinking that since they start you off on the little white pills that maybe that will be how you're brought off of them also! (Gonna read about it on their site later :read: )
Chantix not only gets rid of smoking, but has gotten rid of a lot of men's beer bellies as well!!

I'll hand it to ya, :arrow: You're a sly one Chels!!! :eyebrows:
I hope it works for you! :thumbsup:
Zon
Combustible

Quick Reply

PreviousNext

Return to Can you quit?