Dosage of natural progesterone cream.

Dr. Linda has not responded for a long time, so this forum is locked to further posting or questions. You may still read all the posts. Watch for a new homeopathic section with Dr. Rallie McAllister!

Dosage of natural progesterone cream.

Postby SLee » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:34 pm

Every bio-identical hormone cream instruction I have had has been the same, and I can't seem to find an answer to my '$10 Million Dollar Question!!!'

i.e.: Start the cream on the 7th day, i.e... the 1st day is the first day you get your period. You DO NOT start 'the cream' until the 8th day after your 1st day of menses. OK...I know that...and then I stop it on the 28th day, as instructed, and my period doesn't show up for another 5 days. NOW - am I supposed to wait another 7 days from the start of that period before I start the progesterone cream again? That is what I have been doing, but the depression I am experiencing being off the cream for that long is more devastating than any PMS or prolonged bleeding I have had in my entire life. I would rather bleed for 3 weeks than cry for three weeks. One is easier to mop up than the other. Does anyone know the answer to this? Otherwise, I am just going to start using the Progesterone Cream as my own personal AD. The doctor didn't have a problem prescribing me an anti-depressant as a remedy to my peri symptoms - blowing them off as depression symptoms after showing her my 'list of 35' - but I acquired the Progesterone Cream on my own, and THANK GOD!!! I read in another post yesterday that there was an issue with someone having withdrawal coming off Progesterone, and the members that responded seemed shocked. This is the 2nd month I have experienced this devastating depression after stopping the cream on schedule. Has anyone else?
SLee
Hot Pauzer

Re: Dosage of natural progesterone cream.

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:44 pm

SLee wrote:...but I acquired the Progesterone Cream on my own, and THANK GOD!!! ...
that's what I'm going to do once I can get my credit card balance down, so I can buy online. The only problem is I am confused as to whether I will still need a prescription for it, as here in the U.K. it seems confusing.

Here are some helpful links I found about the cream and Dr. John Lee's research about it.

http://www.johnleemd.com/store/faqs_progest_crm.html

http://www.minniepauz.com/jpaley2.html
http://www.lifetoolsforwomen.com/w/Natu ... terone.htm
http://www.npis.info/howtoobtain.htm

this is how my doctor recently ignored my requests for it, and instead started going on about oestrogen based HRT, in spite of the fact I bleed still every 3 weeks and have no hot flushes.
http://minniepauz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=17153#17153
Born 1959
Hashimoto's hypothyroid finally diagnosed 1991 when 30, (after first child).
In pre-menopause. Trying natural progesterone cream.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby SLee » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:21 pm

Thanks for caring...it's hard to get a response on this site sometimes...I am going to bed to try to sleep. The football game is over and we are losing. We are none-the-wiser...
SLee
Hot Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:42 pm

SLee...sorry you feel that it's hard to get a response here. :( Dr. Linda and Dr. Judy both have busy practices and usually get here as soon as possible. They're just not available all day (like we wish they were! :)) As for the rest of us, the most that we're qualified to do is to speak of our own actual experiences or find links like Seventeen did for you.

I know it all gets confusing and frustrating and I wish I could snap my fingers and help everyone get through all this, but the most I can do is try to pull everyone together so no one feels totally alone.

Hang in there and keep asking questions....it will all come together one of these days!!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:45 pm

I am using it, and beginning to be a bit concerned incase I might be using too much...it's so hard to gauge
yes, I know about the 8/th of a teaspoon, but what about what is left on your little finger..and, to be honest, I find at least the index finger is better to rub in with...
oh sheesh! why is life so complicated? :D :lol:

what Dr.Judy writes (on the other section) indicates that it's not harmful..so I am not 'panicking' but want to get more informed.
Born 1959
Hashimoto's hypothyroid finally diagnosed 1991 when 30, (after first child).
In pre-menopause. Trying natural progesterone cream.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Ask Dr. Linda