Itching and bruising??

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Itching and bruising??

Postby bizykatbird » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:01 am

I get bruises on the inside of my thighs......1st I thought it was coming from bike class....but I think I have narrowed it down to coming from where the inside of my thighs start itching, sometimes the outside.....and then I scratch them and afterward I will have a lacy redness......then I'll get bruises. I know this is really weird :roll: ...but I saw that itching could be a symptom...so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Kathy
bizykatbird
Warm Pauzer

Re: Itching and bruising??

Postby minniepauz » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:07 pm

I think you'd better post that one to Dr. Judy, Kathy. :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby michuganna » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:31 pm

bizykatbird wrote:I get bruises on the inside of my thighs......1st I thought it was coming from bike class....but I think I have narrowed it down to coming from where the inside of my thighs start itching, sometimes the outside.....and then I scratch them and afterward I will have a lacy redness......then I'll get bruises. I know this is really weird :roll: ...but I saw that itching could be a symptom...so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Kathy

I know this was posted a long time ago, but, for other's. I had itchy skin on my thighs that ended up bruising, ended up I had anemia. Started taking an RX iron supplement and bye bye itching, anxiety, tiredness etc. I had attributed all my symptoms to peri and they actually weren't.... but.... can't say that is the case now...ughhh!!
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home..."

Sometimes I think my train of thought has derailed....
michuganna
On Fire!

Postby minniepauz » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:52 am

Thanks for responding to this Michuganna (I'd be interested to find out what's behind your name :)). Even though Kathy posted this in 2008, her preferences were not set to be notified that she had a response so I had to go do it. I hope this brings her back to the forum.

This is why I've posted on every thread for members to go into their user control panel and select the option. Also please put a little info into your profile....a city or state or country. :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby michuganna » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:11 pm

minniepauz wrote:Thanks for responding to this Michuganna (I'd be interested to find out what's behind your name :)). Even though Kathy posted this in 2008, her preferences were not set to be notified that she had a response so I had to go do it. I hope this brings her back to the forum.

This is why I've posted on every thread for members to go into their user control panel and select the option. Also please put a little info into your profile....a city or state or country. :)

Your welcome!! I will go into my profile and add some info on myself. My name is a combination of my real name Michele and the fact that as of late I am feeling a little nutty, lol. The panic/anxiety about health issues is enough to drive a woman....well, at least THIS woman....a little michuganna. I have a fear of getting ill and also a fear of the Dr. So irrational I know. However, I do force myself albeit with great anxiety into the Dr. and do my annuals. I am fighting taking Prozac instead trying diet, excerise, D3 and the occasional xanax. Also, reading on CBT and trying to rewire my thinking. However, I just wonder if this is purely hormonal and if the Prozac would help with the compulsive phobic castostrophic thought processes I am getting. I am experiencing these symptoms just recently so I am kinda waiting to see if they get worse or if I can manage them myself. No one and I mean NO ONE ever told me about what was ahead. I hope mother's with daughters everywhere open up this dialoge not in a scary way but just as another part of "the talk".

Have a great day!!
Mich
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home..."

Sometimes I think my train of thought has derailed....
michuganna
On Fire!

Postby minniepauz » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:16 pm

In my opinion, daughters will be hearing about menopause from here on out!! LOL None of us want our daughters to get this far and not know anything about what to expect. As you can imagine, MY daughter (who is 36) has gotten an earful, as well as all her friends! She might not want to hear it now, but I know that some of it is being stored for future reference. :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause