Peri-menopause itching???

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Peri-menopause itching???

Postby shleppa » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:20 am

Newbie here....not sure I'm doing this right....I will be 52 this month...just wondering if anyone has itching as a peri-menopause symptom....it's driving me crazy.....my arms get so itchy and I can't stop the scratching...then I get little white bumps from scratching. My legs ,thighs and back get extremely itchy too...I don't know if it's truly a menopause symptom or an allergy - I haven't changed anything in my diet or soaps etc and I've never had the itchies before!
shleppa

Re: Peri-menopause itching???

Postby psexypsychic » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:21 am

Yes!

My legs itch like mad sometimes and my back... My arms not so much. But my legs and back sometimes keep me awake. All the moisturizing lotion and scratching don't help. Its like it has to settle in on its own.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:37 pm

I use a pencil to scratch down my back via the collar when I am working on the computer...(using the non-writing end)

I know I shouldn't - but it is unbearable sometimes...my thyroid problems make this really bad...double whammy dry skin/itchiness...or is it all the same? Don't know.
Born 1959
Hashimoto's hypothyroid finally diagnosed 1991 when 30, (after first child).
In pre-menopause. Trying natural progesterone cream.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby GrandmaGreathouse » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:00 pm

Is this constant or does it happen when you are getting hot?
GrandmaGreathouse
Hot Pauzer

Postby shleppa » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:52 am

Well, I'm pretty much hot 24/7..really dreading the summer! The itching seems to be mostly in the evenings...I'm taking oatmeal baths and using Aveeno lotion and it seems to help a bit. My arms are covered in little white bumps...from so much scratching I suspect.
I should be grateful as I don't have near the symptoms alot of woman do but the itching can get so frustrating!
:banghead:

Thanks for your replies ladies.
shleppa

Postby minniepauz » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:44 am

We may have to do more research on the itchy skin symptom on the list:
http://www.minniepauz.com/menopause-sym ... -skin.html
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby shleppa » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:46 am

MURPHY'S LAW?????? On my last post I commented that I don't have many symptoms.....today, I had what I think is my first HOT FLASH....omg, I was in a store and all of a sudden I was boiling hot, sweating and my neck and face were beet red!! My body temp is always on the high end of hot but this was completely different...not only was I just hot as usual but I was firey and it came on suddenly!! I left the store and got in my car and blasted the air conditioning and stuck my face as close to the vents as I could get. A couple years ago I had the night sweats but they didn't last long....I hope the hot flashes don't stick around too long either! I can't imagine having alot of flashing to go with my itching!!
I just hope all those nasty symptoms aren't going to rear their ugly heads now that I 'sorta boasted' about not having many symptoms!! Ladies.....I feel for any of you that have any Peri-M symptoms at all!! It is not fun!!
shleppa

Postby minniepauz » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:20 pm

Even those who have gone through certain stages of symptoms, might find that as their hormones continue to fluctuate, certain symptoms may come back. This is why we call it a roller coaster!!

Definitely sounds like you had your first hot flash!! Mine lasted for about 5 years. :( And then I have remained heat intolerant ever since. Now, as soon as the weather heats up I start swelling up. :(
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby shleppa » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:12 pm

Oh my gosh Minnie...I hope the hot stuff doesn't last 5 years! YUK. I actually have been feeling some relief from the itching....I have been showering/bathing with cheescloth filled with oatmeal....then slathering in Aveeno. I haven't had another 'hot flash' but I'm sure I'll experience them again!! After reading on this forum I realize I do have some other symptoms....the sleep thing...a touch of anxiety and some mood swings. However they are few and far between so hasn't been too much of a concern. I feel for the women who suffer badly with peri-menopause. For now I can say I am one of the lucky ones....but if things change...be sure I'll let you all know!! :lol:
Take care ladies!!
shleppa

Postby minniepauz » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:16 am

schleppa...I really think it helps to have an idea of the possibilities (of symptoms) and then we're not completely blindsided by something we didn't expect. I wish for all of you tiny little symptoms, quicker flashes and lots of sleepy nights!! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby shleppa » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:46 am

Hi Minnie and everyone else!! Thank you for always replying with good advice....I have been keeping myself informed and have read alot of the topics on here.....luckily for me at this time....my symptoms are few....except for being boiling HOT all day long! I do have a few 'different' things going on with my body these days but nothing seems permanent so I can't complain. If I ever come up with the miracle cure for PM I will definitely post it here!!
shleppa

Postby getnthere » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:26 pm

I have this crazy crawly-itching on the back of my right shoulder. It doesn't itch all the time just off and on. This is the one of my peri symptoms (other than missed periods) that has persisted. My sleeplessness has gone away and the hot flashes also. My sex drive is still in underdrive though but I think my hubby has resigned himself to it. Poor baby.
getnthere

Postby snoopy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:22 pm

I haven't had that problem ...YET :roll: I get a lot of muscle aches in my shoulders though
I want to weigh what I used to weigh back when I thought I WAS FAT!
snoopy
Combustible

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:27 pm

I have been drinking a lot of water recently (mostly to cool down the hot flashes, with no joy!) and have found that, at the same time, the itching crawly feeling has really reduced. Are the two connected? I don't know, but since I have drunk more liquid it really seems to have calmed my skin down.
The only downside is a fairly constant need to have a tiddle, mostly in inconvenient places (where are the public toilets these days?).
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby getnthere » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:17 pm

Hi Shleppa,

I itch only on my back, right behind my right shoulder. It is really more of a creepy-crawly type feeling but it sure is pesky!
getnthere

Quick Reply

Next

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause