Video: What Is Normal Thyroid Level-How Can I Help Myself?

There is still so much we don't understand about our thyroid and how it's related to menopause. The symptoms are so similar so in this forum we can talk and learn about each other's experiences and research.

Video: What Is Normal Thyroid Level-How Can I Help Myself?

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:34 pm

this is good, but be aware, that where she advises more iodine this is complex - and sometimes more iodine is not what is needed. Google for now - but read a variety of information...I will explain more as I get the time and find my sources.

it is always always balance we are looking for with thyroid problems and the connection with the 'female hormones' that interconnect with the thyroid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQzLmsrt9Vg
Born 1959
Hashimoto's hypothyroid finally diagnosed 1991 when 30, (after first child).
In pre-menopause. Trying natural progesterone cream.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Re: Video: What Is Normal Thyroid Level-How Can I Help Myself?

Postby austinsmom » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:06 pm

You must have to much time on your hands.....
austinsmom

Postby marlina » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:27 am

What does a surgery to remove the thyroid consists of, recovery time, is it an outpatient procedure? I noticed a pea sized nodule on my throat, thyroid. I have had an ultrsound and needle biopsy. The biopsy showed abnormal cells so I am going to have surgery to remove the thyroid. What takes place in this surgery? Don't know what to expect!! Kinda scared too!
Last edited by marlina on Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
marlina

Postby minniepauz » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:05 pm

marlina wrote:What does a surgery to remove the thyroid consists of, recovery time, is it an outpatient procedure? I noticed a pea sized nodule on my throat, thyroid. I have had an ultrsound and needle biopsy. The biopsy showed abnormal cells so I am going to have surgery to remove the thyroid. What takes place in this surgery? Don't know what to expect!! Kinda scared too!

Marlina...here's the person you need to write to (just tell her what you posted here): Mary Shomon mshomon@thyroid-info.com Tell her you got her name from Minnie Pauz. She's the expert on thyroid issues! :) Let us know what she says and how you're doing!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Thyroid Issues