Peri-menopause itching???

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Re: Peri-menopause itching???

Postby psexypsychic » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:30 pm

I've been itching ALL DAY!! Its driving me insane! My thighs (of course, just where I can't reach!), my back and my upper arms. I looked for any kind of rash/insect bites to blame it on, but THERE'S NOTHING THERE!

Damn you, hormone levels! DAMN YOU!!! *shakes angry fist*

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby danmia » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:52 am

Well I just spent the last two nights itching and scratching and tossing and turning and sooooo fedup with it all. Although I have to say out of all the creams I have tried, Gold Bond anti itching is the best, it has a numbing effect and really cools your legs down or wherever. My itchy spots are legs everywhere, arms usually in the center inside never on the outside. Underarms all day long......those important little places every single night..........scratching those is not attractive lol.......horrible symptom and I've had it ever since this began, whatever year that was I forget now, good grief!!! All I want is a good nights sleep, but that's not something I have had in a while. At least when I had jet lag I couldn't stay awake and it was blissful for a good nights sleep. Now I'm back to dozing not sleeping, just waking up every half hour or so all night long.......it sucks........
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:15 am

You might want to see a dermatologist ..... this sounds like more than just perimenopausal dry skin.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby danmia » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:27 am

Nope been there done that, nothing apart from dry skin it flakes off all the time with the itching. No rashes nothing just the itching every single night. It's all hormonal apparently which is great don't you think. So Gold Bond my best friend sometimes Benadryl does help the itching though, so a touch of allergies in there possibly.
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby psexypsychic » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:28 pm

Mine went away about the same time my pain meds kicked in... and I'm not having it today.

And it wasn't the warm weather- our temps dropped and yesterday was the first cooler day we'd had in a while.

I'm just glad its done.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby kanga41 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:30 am

My stomache itches!!! Not good when your at work and all you wanna do is scratch your stomache. It's about the only place that i get the itches and it comes in cycles. The hot flushes are driving me nuts because all i do all day is take my jumper on and off. This causes some real good looks. I am 48 and this has been happening on and off for about the last 3 years but it has been getting worse just lately. I want it to go away!!!
kanga41

Postby TexEx » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:09 am

shleppa wrote:Newbie here....not sure I'm doing this right....I will be 52 this month...just wondering if anyone has itching as a peri-menopause symptom....it's driving me crazy.....my arms get so itchy and I can't stop the scratching...then I get little white bumps from scratching. My legs ,thighs and back get extremely itchy too...I don't know if it's truly a menopause symptom or an allergy - I haven't changed anything in my diet or soaps etc and I've never had the itchies before!

I have it too and I'm not sure what the cause is either. It started with a vengence when I quit smoking at age 45. It has calmed down a lot but 3 years later it still happens. About the only thing that helps is Xanax which I use sparingly as it's very addictive. Now I can go for long periods of time without it occuring and then it will start up for no apparent reason. It occurs anytime in my cycle and is worse when I'm stressed. I find that taking allergy medicine - Zyrtec for me - does seem to keep it manageable but does NOT eliminate it. It's extremely annoying.
TexEx
Warm Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:20 am

Welcome to the forum, TexEx!! Are you in Texas now?
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby TexEx » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:35 pm

Yes, I am, in exile, hence the name, LOL.
TexEx
Warm Pauzer

Postby terrintx » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:12 pm

Yep, Im definately in the Itchy & Bitchy category!
terrintx
Hot Pauzer

Postby dawn7400 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:11 am

Thanks for the reply and posting my question in the right forum minnie. I have been to the doc and she said it is part of the "fun" of "peri". She meant that in the nicest way, but was just wondering if anyone had a home remedy. Reading the posts here just confirms that I must :? and bear it.
Looking forward to the Bio Identicals doing their job, just a matter of working out the ups & downs.
dawn7400

Postby minniepauz » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:34 am

Dawn, I hope you'll keep us posted on how the bio-identicals are working for you since it's still a very HOT, controversial issue. If you could post to the bio-identical section, I'd like to know how you came to the conclusion to go that route instead of something else.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause